advertisement

Elsdon Wonfor Audio LS-25 speaker cables

1m? Is that not practically headphones you've got, then? ;-)

Kind of...family living has managed to get in the way of optimal placement.
TBH its not too bad as the A3 amp has speaker binding posts at each side of it (however I'm almost ashamed to admit that I could move the speakers another 25cm apart (each))!

Kind of...family living has managed to get in the way of optimal placement.
TBH its not too bad as the A3 amp has speaker binding posts at each side of it (however I'm almost ashamed to admit that I could move the speakers another 25cm apart (each))!

Handy if you want to wear a sombrero while listening.

Just had my first listen to the LS-5 only for about 3-4 songs (its late) after playing my favourites as is to get back to the current sound and get my ears lined up as such.

Initially/instantly there was a change, softer I think, not quite sure how to describe, this is from NACA5.

Definitely more bass, need to turn SAM down. Mids felt a little behind.

This is just a very quick listen tonight, need more time as they get used to this system.

I have TQ system preparation set up files as a download and running this today while out, never sure if all these pops and whistles and bass bumps work but they apparently stretch the high and low ends more (making the speaker cones work harder so it says) and help integrate all your constituent parts as such.

Probably more for me than the system, ah well.

Just had my first listen to the LS-5 only for about 3-4 songs (its late) after playing my favourites as is to get back to the current sound and get my ears lined up as such.

Initially/instantly there was a change, softer I think, not quite sure how to describe, this is from NACA5.

Definitely more bass, need to turn SAM down. Mids felt a little behind.

This is just a very quick listen tonight, need more time as they get used to this system.
That sounds the same as what tq b did to my system ,lots more bass ,but softer highs and treble,feeling it might not work for me ,be intresting once youve had it in the system for longer.

Playing some of my go to 24bit songs like Hotel California, The Chain, Tommy etc. Needs more time of course but certainly the highs have a little more sparkle/dazzle but softer, so not harsh, I can pick out those plucks on the guitar strings on The Chain and Pinball Wizard.

Vocals sound excellent, staging good so far.

That sounds the same as what tq b did to my system ,lots more bass ,but softer highs and treble,feeling it might not work for me ,be intresting once youve had it in the system for longer.

I had TQBs, replaced them with LS-25s. Different game altogether...

Dan, how's the REF 1s?

Dan, how's the REF 1s?

Haven't picked them up yet, Nintronics is a bit of a drive so hopefully next week now.

The Sopra 2 have perked up mind with the new LS-5 cables. While still playing do the LS-25s bring out the mids more, might need to do a comparison soon :)

This is undoubtedly true, but the LS-5 is the closest relation TQ black. The LS-25 is an TQ Ultra Black beater for sure, and to my ears it wallops Graphite also at a fraction of the outlay.

I actually rewired my speakers with my old TQ black. It is a swine to work with but it makes nice sounds in there.

Yes that's exactly where the biggest improvements are, I found the TQB to have a slight recessed mid/upper mid. The LS-25s are fleshed out from top to bottom. This is the point I referenced early on when saying;
they're not only a clear invisible window to the music but a window with the 'invisible glass' removed, allowing the air and atmosphere into the room/music.

I appreciate that's a lot of flowery bollox, but hopefully you'll get my drift...

As I said previously I tried the TQ blue & black and although they were ok with a Rega amp sounded terrible with a Sugden.

I'm more than happy with my Kimber 8TC and it won't be getting replaced.

As I said previously I tried the TQ blue & black and although they were ok with a Rega amp sounded terrible with a Sugden.

I'm more than happy with my Kimber 8TC and it won't be getting replaced.
Have a rega amp myself,the tq b was not good ,realy dull sounding in the treble and highs.

You can effectively 'borrow' a pair from Mark Grant by using a credit card, if you don't like them simply return them within 30 days for a full refund

You can effectively 'borrow' a pair from Mark Grant by using a credit card, if you don't like them simply return them within 30 days for a full refund
i know ,ive dealt with mark quite abit,problem is ive just bought harbeth p3esr less than 2 weeks ago,if i borrow these cables and realy like them,there is a very big chance i could loose both my testicles in a very painfull way :)

advertisement

Back