advertisement

Q acoustics owner's calling

antonio1

pfm Member
- which model 2xxx 3xxx
works best in a 4 x3,5 room
on bookshelves
Amp is Brio r 3

Am I right discharging 2010 and 3010 to get higher scale and definitely lean over 3020 (not 2020) for a much better match with the Rega even though not using stands and thus loosing potential somewhat?thanks for any hint

As far as I am aware the voicing of their speakers is similar as you go up the range. I have just bought 2010i, for £90 they are fantastic, if you prefer a fuller sound, go bigger.

Good luck

As far as I know the 2020 series must be outgoing based on massive dealer discounts offered

Personally I found these a bit muffled and fuller than 2010 which is fine indeed for silly low price

Anyway a great budget speaker, so are 30xx but pricewise closer to many older UK origins such as Diamonds, Heybrooks, Royd or Rega to name a few

I would choose the good old UK style myself, anyday of the week
And they would all match a Brio which would create great sound on the cheapskate

Sadly I can't speak for how the Q's would sound on a bookshelf, but having owned a pair of 2010i's for a couple of years - and now the 3010 - they continue to surprise me at their capabilities. That's in a room 7m x 4m.

I also have a pair of Royd Sintra II's which are gathering dust. Yes, the 3010 is that good - they do need a bit of care in setting up/positioning though. For the money, a stone-cold bargain.

Sadly I can't speak for how the Q's would sound on a bookshelf, but having owned a pair of 2010i's for a couple of years - and now the 3010 - they continue to surprise me at their capabilities. That's in a room 7m x 4m.

I also have a pair of Royd Sintra II's which are gathering dust. Yes, the 3010 is that good - they do need a bit of care in setting up/positioning though. For the money, a stone-cold bargain.
Gromit
How do the 3010s sound at low volume?

Gromit
How do the 3010s sound at low volume?

They do seem to be more convincing in this regard c/w with the earlier 2010i's. Whether that's down to me using a different amp than before. I'm now using, and am very happy with, a Cyrus 8vs with PSX-R. With the 2010i's they were used mainly with a Sony 770ES.

The 3010 is just a great little speaker, more than capable of revealing changes further back in the audio chain.

advertisement

Back