advertisement

Elsdon Wonfor Audio LS-25 speaker cables

Per, whats the purpose of the audio room do you think? is it to share user experiences perhaps???

Like I've said, maybe 10 time already. the cable is sent out on a 30 day trial period. it takes about 10 days of normal use to run in. I had other sets of cable in the same price category (read my first post). the EWA LS25s are a clear winner by a country mile, that's all the proof 'I' need. IF you want to experience them, put your money where your mouth is.

Why would I need to get TQBU to demo them against when the guy who invented TQBUs himself said these are better? do you have a trusting bone in your body at all??

Per, whats the purpose of the audio room do you think? is it to share user experiences perhaps???

?

It certainly is

Just not what I would call USER experience
Marketing maybe as you obviously have not compared it to TQB_U

If this is not neccesary for you, then fine
I would never conclude like that

Why would I need to get TQBU to demo them against when the guy who invented TQBUs himself said these are better? do you have a trusting bone in your body at all??

Devil's advocate mode...

Because he was shafted by TQ and lost all rights and profits to the TQ cables he designed.

He'd be silly to make a new cable and say the TQ stuff was better.

Colin has been around for a long time, I do believe him to be honest and good designer so I wish him all the luck and hope he does better than TQ with his designs (and is a little more wary of those who pretend to help him)

Devil's advocate mode...

Because he was shafted by TQ and lost all rights and profits to the TQ cables he designed.

He'd be silly to make a new cable and say the TQ stuff was better.

Colin has been around for a long time, I do believe him to be honest and good designer

Exactly

In my book the cables are close to, if not equal, before I personally have experienced otherwise, no matter what any kind of marketing/promotion says

A free pint from me to anyone hearing difference between the cables.
Above is tempting to offer but hardly possible in practice

I look forward hearing from independent people that actually have listenend and compared the cables on serious note and period of time
Meanwhile I'm out for holiday so can't offer any further..

Exactly

In my book the cables are close to, if not equal, before I personally have experienced otherwise, no matter what any kind of marketing/promotion says

A free pint from me to anyone hearing difference between the cables.
Above is tempting to offer but hardly possible in practice

I look forward hearing from independent people that actually have listenend and compared the cables on serious note and period of time
Meanwhile I'm out for holiday so can't offer any further..

Actually why don't you order some and experience them for yourself, rather than waffle on?

Just for the record, I've found your experiences with the cable most informative. Thanks

Yeah !
Raj is a great guy

Informative or confused ?
I'm sort of left with both and will try getting thoughts away from such massive spending in LS25/TQB_U cables, 2x4 mtr is ?
No dont tell !

Per, I really don't understand where you find any confusion to reiterate:

The subject of this thread is a speaker cable. It's works really really well, is probably the best I've owned or can afford to own. Yes it's a little expensive but when you look at what the equivalents cost, it's a bargain. IMHO the EWA LS-25 gives an absolute end to end open, detailed, textured and transparent sound. It allows you to truly understand what your speakers and system are capable of without (from my experiences) adding any sonic signature. What I've noticed is that the level of detail at all frequency levels seams absolutely unrestrained and endless yet does this without being in any way forceful of anything. Simply opens up a completely relaxed and natural picture and presents it in its true colours.

The subject of this thread is a speaker cable. It's works really really well, is probably the best I've owned or can afford to own. Yes it's a little expensive but when you look at what the equivalents cost, it's a bargain. IMHO the EWA LS-25 gives an absolute end to end open, detailed, textured and transparent sound. It allows you to truly understand what your speakers and system are capable of without (from my experiences) adding any sonic signature. What I've noticed is that the level of detail at all frequency levels seams absolutely unrestrained and endless yet does this without being in any way forceful of anything. Simply opens up a completely relaxed and natural picture and presents it in its true colours.

Totally agree with the sentiments above - as in the intention of Raj to relay his thoughts on a cable he has found works well in his system.

Not sure of the need to pull this to pieces.

As has been said the cable is available on a 30 day trial so why not try for yourself and see whether it works in your system before being judgemental?

I cut about 20ft of orange cable off a garden vac and use it between a Devialet and one WB Discovery, the other side is connected with 3m of vdH CS122. Sounds not too bad, looks very uncool.
I read in HFN years ago that Tony Faulkner uses orange garden cable. Obviously I'd like symmetry, so will need to buy cable.

Well "confusion" may not be correct terms of my mood in this matter

Rather something like natural scepticism for something I have yet to try
Basically I need a really long period to conclude on most stuff, guess we just are very different on this ? age can be a factor too, in my youth I concluded much faster.

But as you pointed out, LS25 is on free trial so will have it high on my list

Great! are you going to try them?

Yep, reckon I'll give some a trial. I was impressed by what TQB did but ultimately found it lacking in some other respects to the point i couldnt live with it. A mate has lent me some Townshend Isoldas which I am currently very much enjoying and I have NACA5, Mogami 2972 also to compare them to. Decent bottle of wine and thats a Friday night sorted.

Was there any change to the returns policy through you going for custom lengths?

advertisement

Back