advertisement

MDAC First Listen (part 00110111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
...I do like the idea of a new fascia, but just the perceived wastage of the original MDAC components seems like buying a car and replacing everything around the seat and steering wheel

Or possibly Mitredog?

(Although a fun diy hobby does tend to become a chore when it's for someone else.)

In regards knowing what the competition is doing , has anyone listened to the latest hi end DAC's to know what we are aiming for ?
John W did you have chance to listen to anything at Munich? I know you are sceptical at just how worthy it is doing serious listening at HIFI shows. Ive totally lost touch with the latest ones. Last decent DAC I listened to was at Steven's (Toy) costing around 4K...memory fails me on the name , but there was also an entry level Aurender player (£000's)

I'm not sure whether you'd regard it as competition but I bought an Allo Boss DAC recently, which plugs on top of my RPi. The Allo Boss DAC sounds better than the MDAC, and cost $73.

This probably means I will stick out for the FDAC rather than take an interim MDAC2 (it also means I can sell my redundant MDAC).

Just proving I'm not a one Dac case wonder.

Oak cheeks and alloy top/base ?

Sounds good! Black alloy ideally.

Also, replacing the knob (fnarr) with a nice oak one could look awesome.. carries the style from the sides onto the front.

I'm not sure whether you'd regard it as competition but I bought an Allo Boss DAC recently, which plugs on top of my RPi. The Allo Boss DAC sounds better than the MDAC, and cost $73.

This probably means I will stick out for the FDAC rather than take an interim MDAC2 (it also means I can sell my redundant MDAC).

This is a 100% fact, I'm using the Allo piano plus Kali clocker and it truly and beyond anyone's doubt outclasses my MDAC and a host of more expensive Dacs I mentioned a while back.

The IQ DAC is not to be sniffed at either for way less money.

In regards knowing what the competition is doing , has anyone listened to the latest hi end DAC's to know what we are aiming for ?
John W did you have chance to listen to anything at Munich? I know you are sceptical at just how worthy it is doing serious listening at HIFI shows. Ive totally lost touch with the latest ones. Last decent DAC I listened to was at Steven's (Toy) costing around 4K...memory fails me on the name , but there was also an entry level Aurender player (£000's)

It was the Resonessence Mirus at £5000, a half-width design like the MDAC.

Let's hope he gets out soon...:eek:

Maybe he has spent his time wisely and moved on.

Japanese Sunrise Joint anyone.

japanese-sunrise-dovetail-joint.jpg

Tim,

I cannot find your Email details - if you have mine Pls. ping me an Email :)

John, I don't have your email, but I've just emailed Renata...:)

I forgot to change the email title....it refers to a MDAC2 payment....sorry!

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back