advertisement

Van attack at Finsbury park mosque.

It's been said before, but the way the imam and congregation at Finsbury Park handled the attacker in the aftermath was most impressive. Respect.

The perpetrator can now go and take time to consider that an Imam, a leader of the religion he so hated, probably saved his life.

Anyone with the most advanced English (not me) would have trouble keeping up with your contributions, given the inherent contradiction of your desires:

"defend everyone's right to free speech, including Islamist F***wits" v "taking things into our own hands" re: "Islamist F***wits"
Still you don't get it! Yes I defend these f***wits right to express themselves, that's not to say a member of the public won't hit them over the head once for every word they utter! Suppression by the state affects everyone, so that's why it should be avoided. The public however may clash on the streets, so what? If you go around spouting the most vile hatred that we've ever seen, then don't be surprised if people get angry, the thing is, people aren't, but they should.

Still you don't get it!

On the contrary, I over stood you some time ago.

Yes I defend these f***wits right to express themselves, that's not to say a member of the public won't hit them over the head once for every word they utter! Suppression by the state affects everyone, so that's why it should be avoided. The public however may clash on the streets, so what? If you go around spouting the most vile hatred that we've ever seen, then don't be surprised if people get angry, the thing is, people aren't, but they should.

[YOUTUBE]-_kwXNVCaxY[/YOUTUBE]

That's the problem in a nutshell, it's a _perception_ not the reality. Just over 4% of the UK population is Muslim, that's not 'being over ran', only an idiot would think that it is.
I think this goes to show how little religion plays a part in British society, Muslim is the second largest religion in the UK with just 4% of the whole population, I think this goes some way to explaining the problem.
Non religious people in the UK have problems with any religion,
recently here on pfm the Jehovah's witness religion came in for the usual battering without an eyelid being blinked, you have to ask, if this had been aimed at the Muslim religion, how the thread would have panned out, I imagine, considering the amount of venom spouted, it would have closed down sharpish but as it was this particular religion it was fine to carry on regardless,
we either respect all religions for what they are & what they represent to the individual & give due care to how we portray them or we ban all religious posts as it seems quite biased as far as I can see. Either we agree any religion is fare game or none is.

I would like someone who battered the religion a few short days ago (there were plenty, including mods) to state how they feel this is ok yet feel it not ok to spout discontent for the Muslim or any other religion.
Why should one set of personal beliefs take preference over another.

I personally have no religious beliefs, I have in my time mocked religious beliefs, including the DUP quite recently, but having time to reflect, it is their right to believe what they wish as is any religion.

The Jehovah posts show how hate can fester & spread quite rapidly in online forums, some say it in jest, some don't, it matters not.

I think this goes to show how little religion plays a part in British society, Muslim is the second largest religion in the UK with just 4% of the whole population, I think this goes some way to explaining the problem.
recently here on pfm the Jehovah's witness religion came in for the usual battering without an eyelid being blinked, you have to ask, if this had been aimed at the Muslim religion, how the thread would have panned out, I imagine, considering the amount of venom spouted, it would have closed down sharpish but as it was this particular religion it was fine to carry on regardless,
we either respect all religions for what they are & what they represent to the individual & give due care to how we portray them or we ban all religious posts as it seems quite biased as far as I can see. Either we agree any religion is fare game or none is.

I would like someone who battered the religion a few short days ago (there were plenty, including mods) to state how they feel this is ok yet feel it not ok to spout discontent for the Muslim or any other religion, an answer please.

Precisely.

Your inability to write concise English is highly amusing.
Unless you actually do believe that the law of Libel was introduced by Blair!
Oh look at Bob, sneering away at my grammar, have you anything to add to this topic or is that it? I suppose people would have guessed I was referring to the latter part of my sentence.

I would like someone who battered the religion a few short days ago (there were plenty, including mods) to state how they feel this is ok yet feel it not ok to spout discontent for the Muslim or any other religion.

Reasonable criticism of any religion is OK, but conflating Islam with Daesh et al isn't.
Do you recall the IRA/UDA/ect ever being described as Christian militants?

I personally have no religious beliefs, I have in my time mocked religious beliefs, including the DUP quite recently, but having time to reflect, it is their right to believe what they wish as Is any religion.

Very interesting thoughts. Perhaps one factor is the perceived challenge to the indigenous/traditional culture of a country. Jehovah's Witnesses, Methodists, C of E, Jews, even Hindus and Sikhs, do not challenge the established values of UK (or French, Italian, American, etc.) society in the same way that Islam does. You don't get Sikhs saying that one day everything will be run by Sikh law (if there is one?) or ultra-orthodox Jews declaring that one day raising pigs will be forbidden in the UK and buses will not run on Saturday.

Having said that, you do get young thugs in the UK beating up Indians and Pakistanis and Jews and gays because they are Indians and Pakistanis and Jews and gays. But it is limited to young hooligan-type idiots. They need someone to beat up.

I've never read anything from EDL/Breitbart etc, wouldn't waste my time. I have however ordered the new Douglas Murray book 'The strange Death of Europe'. I suppose that will be further evidence of my rabid jingoism.

Douglas Murray is an apologist and advocate for Neocon-led Western intervention/terrorism in the Middle East and rabid Islamophobe.

You're as likely to be radicalised reading his 'work' as you are reading something written by Abu Hamza.

Of course the BBC has him on every other day, but then that organisation is fast becoming the media wing of Neoconservative terror.

That's the problem in a nutshell, it's a _perception_ not the reality. Just over 4% of the UK population is Muslim, that's not 'being over ran', only an idiot would think that it is.

4.4% are Muslim, but there are many more immigrants than Muslims.

In 2015, the UK population was 13.5% foreign-born (up from 7% in 1993) and 8.9% foreign citizens (up from 4% in 1993).
More…

Foreign-born people constituted 41% of Inner London’s population in 2015 (the highest share among all regions with comparable data).

http://www.migrationobservatory.ox.ac.uk/resources/briefings/migrants-in-the-uk-an-overview/

And they are not spread evenly across the country. So there is a perception that British culture (whatever it is) is being eroded. This is most keenly felt by those at the lower levels of the social class ladder who most closely relate to some sort of community spirit.

Very interesting thoughts. Perhaps one factor is the perceived challenge to the indigenous/traditional culture of a country. Jehovah's Witnesses, Methodists, C of E, Jews, even Hindus and Sikhs, do not challenge the established values of UK (or French, Italian, American, etc.) society in the same way that Islam does. You don't get Sikhs saying that one day everything will be run by Sikh law (if there is one?) or ultra-orthodox Jews declaring that one day raising pigs will be forbidden in the UK and buses will not run on Saturday.

I agree with this but I imagine many who throw hate at any religion are ignorant of the beliefs.
You are correct though, it's a good analogy of why this particular religion comes in for such scrutiny, obviously, terrorists claiming in the name of Allah doesn't help those who practice Islam for the right reasons.

I just feel that until all religions are dealt with equally, the hate will fester, those who enjoy to mock will find the religion of choice to allow them to do this without coming over as a religious hater, all in jest, big laugh, you know the sort, they then turn round & slate anyone who either mocks their own personal belief or anyone who they see fit to call a racist to make them look holier than though, goes on more than you may think, usually the most racist amongst us BTW.

I cannot see any problem in someone showing concerns for any religion, if they feel the Muslim religion could cause problems in their society then say so, it's a free country, just make sure to inform rather than destroy anyone who shows such concerns.

Douglas Murray is an apologist and advocate for Neocon-led Western intervention/terrorism in the Middle East and rabid Islamophobe.

You're as likely to be radicalised reading his 'work' as you are reading something written by Abu Hamza.

Of course the BBC has him on every other day, but then that organisation is fast becoming the media wing of Neoconservative terror.

Come on Max, this is a serious discussion. You can't dismiss, without debate, anyone who does not agree 100% with your own opinion as a lackey of neocon, ultra-right, neo-fascists lunatics. (in itself a category defined by yourself).

Come on Max, this is a serious discussion. You can't dismiss, without debate, anyone who does not agree 100% with your own opinion as a lackey of neocon, ultra-right, neo-fascists lunatics. (in itself a category defined by yourself).
I know what Douglas Murray is, Paul. I know what damage Neoconservatism has caused.

It is an ideology that has been vastly more destructive than Wahhabism, and IMO no advocate of it should be afforded a platform on the likes of the BBC - as Murray so often is - in order to attempt to poison the minds of the masses.

Oddly enough, now, Neoconservatives and extreme Wahhabists are working hand-in-hand as they try to destroy Syria. The two most dangerous ideologies of the day, working together.

4.4% are Muslim, but there are many more immigrants than Muslims.

http://www.migrationobservatory.ox.ac.uk/resources/briefings/migrants-in-the-uk-an-overview/

And they are not spread evenly across the country. So there is a perception that British culture (whatever it is) is being eroded. This is most keenly felt by those at the lower levels of the social class ladder who most closely relate to some sort of community spirit.

A number of assumptions and conflations being made there gassor. Not buying it.

Sky are describing it as a terror incident. The police are describing it as a terrorist incident.

The restraint of the Muslim community in restraining/detaining the terrorist until police arrived deserves much respect. They appear to have handled this with great control and dignity.

I only hope that after this and the terrorist murder of Jo Cox we as a society look a little more closely as to how these idiots become radicalised in our midst.

Indeed.

Are any of these threads a 'serious discussion'? They remind me of Brexit Wife Swap tbh, and are about as interesting. Max's tinfoil-hatted, semi-totalitarian agenda now takes precedence here.

You mention Neocons and right away the same people are in talking about tinfoil hats etc..

As Gilad Atzmon said: 'Jewish power is the ability to shut down discussion of Jewish power'

advertisement

Back