advertisement

New Harbeth?

Hook

Blackbeard's former bo'sun.
Just opened the monthly newsletter, and it says there will be a new speaker announced at the Munich show. Any speculation? A C7 "plus" update? An entirely new model?

the C7 is the oldest harbeth model so it would make sense
as well, the c7 are on sale in most shops for a couple of months...

If it is a C7 update, Alan Shaw has been a bit Theresa May on the Harbeth forum, since he explicitly denied there were any plans for a new one in the coming year. I think it's more likely a new model, since they were planning an entirely new model before they decided to release the SHL5Plus.

If it is a C7 update, Alan Shaw has been a bit Theresa May on the Harbeth forum, since he explicitly denied there were any plans for a new one in the coming year. I think it's more likely a new model, since they were planning an entirely new model before they decided to release the SHL5Plus.
wow, even more exciting news then!

3 way?

C7 replacement then...maybe a C6? Based on the improvements to the new 5 at a guess, in which case, could be damned interesting!

To go off on a tangent, I heard that Harbeth were once considering designing and marketing a 'Harbeth' integrated amplifier.

I delete his newsletters as soon as they appear in my inbox nowadays.*

I did, fleetingly, see mention of a new Harbeth but it seems it isn't interesting enough for Harbeth to say what it is!

If Dave is saying its not a C7 update, nor a new model, nor an amp, then that just leaves sources. It has to be a Harbeth turntable.

It's in the Harbeth Newsletter.

" Don't miss Harbeth at High End Munich 2017 where NEW model will make its debut"

"We are delighted to reveal that a new speaker model will make its debut at the forthcoming High End Munich show in May 2017."

"The Munich show will take place between the 18th - 21st May 2017, with Harbeth exhibiting in Hall 3 NO8 (new model on static display) and the Atrium 4.2 E213 room (M40.2 40th anniversary model)."

"Further details will be announced in the coming weeks in the run up to the show.
Watch this space!"

P4ESR is a wild guess.

advertisement

Back