advertisement

PFM DIY Help Exchange

Jo Sharp

Pulls on doors marked push
After seeing Andrew Sutton's post on the hole cutting thread, I though it might be helpful to have a stickied thread here where DIYers can offer help to other members with projects. It could be hole cutting, screen printing, cabinet construction, PCB design or building; or just advice on problem diagnosis. Maybe even loans of tools or equipment.

It complements the threads on sourcing components or group buys; and I hope will add to the excellent community we already have in the DIY forum.

I'm in Wiltshire and can help with PCB building (soldering) and cable looms etc.

I have a low-range 1/4" torque wrench ideal for speaker drive units and a heavy cable crimper which I am happy to loan for the cost of return postage.

South Northants.

I have a dodgy oscilloscope, Peak Electronics LCR and transistor testers. A Behringer measurement mic, a couple of DIY measurement mics. A pair of James Ergo IX speakers. A Sound Technology ST1710A. An EHT adaptor for a multimeter. A conductivity tester (these two are electrostatic speaker investigation tools...) And a bit of expertise in general electronics bodging.

Paul

I am on the Bolton side of Wigan.
Happy to help with drilling ( I have a pillar drill ) and soldering.
I have a couple of lathes and a milling attachment for my Myford lathe but am not especially skilled in that direction. I also have a couple of indexing gadgets.
I would consider a simple job - setting up for a one off is really quite time consuming.
Cheers Andy.

Happy to do most basic technical stuff in Zurich Switzerland - am no engineer, but can diagnose, build and repair most electro and mechanical stuff.

Richard

I am in Sheffield (as are a few others) and I can help with soldering, troubleshooting, recapping/servicing, I've also serviced tape decks (R2R and cassette) for a good few years now and I've got most of the alignment tapes/gauges/scope/vtvm needed.

I've built a few pre amps/power amps/phono stages and DACs and have modded retail kit

South Northants.

I can offer valve testing with an AVO CT160 and a Taylor 45.

I have an oscilloscope, function generator, RC oscillator, high voltage stabilised bench power supply (200V to 400V @ 250mA) and an audio distortion meter.

I can help anyone here in Czech Rep - I'm located 15Km outside Olomouc :)

Fully equipped Lab, AP's etc.

Scope, nasty signal generator, bench DVM, South Worcestershire.

Can help with design / simulation questions - PM me, or better still, ask here.

A couple of amp designs in kicad for people to play with, the current dumping design is not a beginners project. The Hitachi ALL MOSFET design is for those who have access to rare parts.

SDC12122_zpsngh9wkev.jpg

SDC12123_zps22veeua1.jpg

Bare PCB

SDC12121_zpsjeutaret.jpg

Previous occupant of the box, Hitachi all MOSFET design from the late 70s, even my wife complained it sounded harsh-

SDC12120_zpsdkf4y3vz.jpg

I have previous in making an armboard for a pfmer's Thorens, and I can do similar light engineering and fabrication stuff. Based in Leeds, with a nice workshop.

I can help with soldering, I have a dual beam 10MHz scope, jultimeter, components, full anti static workstation :) 45 years electronics experience at Plessey, Marconi, Decca, CSM (Vortexion), repair lab Saudi Arabia for F5 and F14 jets. DC to light. I also mod cameras for infrared :)

Located NN3 Northampton

Workstation_3254 by David W. Harris, on Flickr

Hi
I live in Accrington Lancashire
I have built a voyager clone,ncc200, b4 buffer and various ebay boards life time interest in electronics self taught
spare bedroom workshop with oscilloscope DMM diy power supply peak transistor and capacitor testers
can help with building ,soldering , drilling, ect
currently building up a bit of a metal work workshop in my basement
also working on a small scale aluminium anodising set up !
always willing to help with a free coffee :D
20170222_122934_zps7c37zzcm.jpg

20170222_123902_zpslbnzfcah.jpg

20170222_101806_zpseim8pagu.jpg

I'm in Ayrshire, have access to a calibrated Wayne Kerr component tester if anyone needs resistors/caps/inductors accurately measured. Also access to various rework tools - solder mini wave for those nasty through hole parts you can't get enough heat into with a soldering iron, hot air soldering station for QFP devices, metcal desoldering station and various other bits and bobs (scopes, meters etc). Also a Data I/O chip programmer if anyone needs parts programmed (PALs and the like)

advertisement

Back