advertisement

A thread to recommend stuff on the BBC

windhoek

The Phoolosopher
I caught the last half-hour of The World's Most Extraordinary Homes last night it, the last of 4 episodes showcasing homes in mountainous, forested, coastal and underground environments, and the house they visited at the very end was simply superb and well worth viewing.

Click here to watch the series on iPlayer.

I caught the last half-hour of The World's Most Extraordinary Homes last night it, the last of 4 episodes showcasing homes in mountainous, forested, coastal and underground environments, and the house they visited at the very end was simply superb and well worth viewing.

Click here to watch the series on iPlayer.

+1.

Add Taboo (tonight) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taboo_(2017_TV_series)

an all star cast produced by Ridley Scott ( Bladerunner,Alien etc)

Superb...

The Storyville on Zero-Day exploits and specifically Stuxnet was superb IMO. Still up on iPayer. In fact Storyville is consistently excellent. The last Sky At Night is worth a look too, the featured computer mapping of the Milky Way is just staggering.

+1 Taboo

Tom Hollander, Doug from House of Cards, Tom Hardy...just riveting...

The Francis Bacon doc last night was superb. There was a film later too that I recrded but haven't played yet.

The Francis Bacon doc last night was superb. There was a film later too that I recrded but haven't played yet.

Love Is the Devil is an excellent film. Derek Jacobi plays him very well. Even Daniel Craig is good, which is saying something.

The makers were denied the rights to show the original paintings, so they had to be creative with the visuals, which I think adds to the film.

Love Is the Devil is an excellent film. Derek Jacobi plays him very well. Even Daniel Craig is good, which is saying something.

The makers were denied the rights to show the original paintings, so they had to be creative with the visuals, which I think adds to the film.

It is a very good film. I know the guy who edited it. He did a great job.

Jack

Notes on Blindness on BBC4 tonight at 9:00. I haven't seen it yet but have been wanting to see it for a long time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've just watched "Life Of A Mountain, a Year On Blencathra", BBC Four on Tuesday night, should be on iPlayer. Magnificent photography, beautiful scenery.

I've just watched "Life Of A Mountain, a Year On Blencathra", BBC Four on Tuesday night, should be on iPlayer. Magnificent photography, beautiful scenery.

Oh yes. I look out my upstairs window and there she is..
Definitely worth the licence fee.
More please.....

Oh yes. I look out my upstairs window and there she is..
Definitely worth the licence fee.
More please.....
We see Catbells, Hindscarth & Robinson from the front windows of our holiday home. Love The Lakes! I notice there's another Lakes program on BBC2 tonight at 9 O'clock.

There's a bunch of Rich Hall's documentaries on the US back up on the iPlayer again. Amongst the best telly ever.

are there any new "period" dramas worth watching?

still waiting for season 2 of wolf hall. not sure why that show didn't become bigger than game of thrones.

vuk.

advertisement

Back