advertisement

Who's heard the Kii Three speakers?

Anyway, I assume you also have read this post:

Yes, I had read Werner's post. Couldn't understand the last sentence.

"Unless you find yourself in a mastering room you have no reason to find Kiis."

It seems to be missing a word. It is possible that if he completed the sentence, Werner would disagree with you?

Have you heard these speakers Julf? Have you anything useful to contribute about how they sound?

Yes, I had read Werner's post. Couldn't understand the last sentence.

"Unless you find yourself in a mastering room you have no reason to find Kiis."

It seems to be missing a word. It is possible that if he completed the sentence, Werner would disagree with you?

I think his sentence is pretty clear. To me, he is saying that the place in the studio where you would find Kiis would be the mastering room.

Have you heard these speakers Julf? Have you anything useful to contribute about how they sound?

No, Andy, I have not heard them (but I would like to). I have nothing useful to contribute about how they sound, but as most of the postings in this thread don't seem to have anything to do with how they sound either, I feel right at home.

I think his sentence is pretty clear. To me, he is saying that the place in the studio where you would find Kiis would be the mastering room.

Oh, ok, I understand now. So they have no place outside a mastering room in a studio then? Ie they have no place domestically. Doesn't fit with their design goals for sure - I would have thought that many studios would have at least some treatment for low end room issues whereas domestically treatment is less likely making the cardiod response more helpful at home.

And unlike you, I have heard them and was not impressed.

If the Kii Three speakers floated everyone's boat I doubt Keith would stock anything else, but he does — speakers that operate similarly as well as speakers with conventional drivers in a cute monkey-sized coffin.

They all pale next to the superb rectangular GRFs — everything does — but if you prefer monochrome to colour feel free to float your boat with whatever doesn't sink.

Joe

The conventional speakers we have here are super, but they can't do what the Kii ( and Beolabs ) can, those two designs are the next logical step in loudspeaker design .
Keith

Personally i really like how they look, especially in that colour.
I take it for your £10k they come with stands too ?

Personally i really like how they look, especially in that colour.
I take it for your £10k they come with stands too ?

Only for you! Actually less ,white is the standard colour ,a pair willcost you £8995.00 the stands are extra.
£9500 for any custom colour you like,Raal or automotive.
Keith

Seriously I will come over for a natter about life and listen to these after Xmas Keith.
The battering ram of promotion has worn me down!

It would be really nice to see you, the Kii 'control' should be out by then which really makes them into a complete system within themselves , Kii really should have introduced everything together but ....
Keith

Oh, ok, I understand now. So they have no place outside a mastering room in a studio then? Ie they have no place domestically.

My excuse is that English isn't my native (or even second) language. What's yours?

In a studio, the mastering room is where you would find them. Says nothing about where else, outside the studio, you would or would not find them.

Hideous really?

To me they look like a PC tower (perhaps appropriate considering all that processing), and are fugly.
But to be fair as Miss Piggy said: Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye.

What do you consider aesthetically pleasing Bob, I am prepared to make allowances because I believe you are from the US.
Keith

advertisement

Back