advertisement

MDAC First Listen (part 00110010)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't find one. This tells you a bit
http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/showpost.php?p=2932870&postcount=303

It is intended to be a streamer as well as dac. Don't think it had analog inputs. Not sure whether the SoC would have enough grunt for some dsp assuming there was some software support.

Thanks for that. I suppose it's getting a little bit swiss-army-knifeish. Maybe a decent penknife and a thing for getting stones out of horses' hooves, but not the nice miniature scissors and the cool vicious-looking saw blade.

Thanks for that. I suppose it's getting a little bit swiss-army-knifeish. Maybe a decent penknife and a thing for getting stones out of horses' hooves, but not the nice miniature scissors and the cool vicious-looking saw blade.
A Territorial Army penknife?

Hello John,

oh, please change the Vishay Bulk foils with standard resistors.
With the Vishay foils I will wait till FDAC release.

The new clock PCB sounds interesting, but the last time I have agreed to something like that, you have designed a whole new MDAC2 PCB ;)
So only if you have the "new clock PCB" completely ready beside you and you could integrate it smoothly, I will go for it.
Otherwise I would leave it. I really need a working DAC :rolleyes:

Oh, and please don´t forget the spare remote. (very importand)

Thanks

Superior,

Your units about to ship - the worlds first "Superior" MDAC :)

THD Left Channel 0dB 1KHz 0.000148%, Dynamic range 131.5dB

THD Right Channel 0dB 0.00013%, Dynamic range 131.5dB

For sure the worlds best measuring MDAC :) and pretty much up with the VERY best :)

I signed the rear panel - #1 "Superior" MDAC :)

I added a few extra tweaks to the mainboard - and V0.90 "Detox" software is installed - hope your happy with your unit...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/86116171/Superior No1.JPG

If its OK to request GBP60 extra to cover the shipping plus much much more work with a custom designed PCB and full recap :)

I'll have to request a new handset from IAG UK as I have non - on a recent DAC design we used the same MDAC remote for the prototypes and have no handsets left in the Lab!

Ps. did you ship your MDAC in a genuine Audiolab box - as I cannot find one that matches your units serial #?

Superior,

Your units about to ship - the worlds first "Superior" MDAC :)

THD Left Channel 0dB 1KHz 0.000148%, Dynamic range 131.5dB

THD Right Channel 0dB 0.00013%, Dynamic range 131.5dB

For sure the worlds best measuring MDAC :) and pretty much up with the VERY best :)

I signed the rear panel - #1 "Superior" MDAC :)

I added a few extra tweaks to the mainboard - and V0.90 "Detox" software is installed - hope your happy with your unit...

If its OK to request GBP60 extra to cover the shipping plus much much more work with a custom designed PCB and full recap :)

I'll have to request a new handset from IAG UK as I have non - on a recent DAC design we used the same MDAC remote for the prototypes and have no handsets left in the Lab!

Hello John,

oh wow this sounds really brilliant and I´m really excited to hear it in my system.
The 60GBP are no problem and are already on their way.

So what can I do to get it as fast es possible?
Please don´t let me wait till IAG will send you the spare remote. I think this will easily take three or more weeks extra, or? (Of course I will cover the extra costs for the second parcel with the spare remote).
I´m so in anticipation to get my loved MDAC back and get the music playing here again. :D

Thank you so much!

Yes I have send it with the original Audiolab box. Only the MDAC, no accessories.
But John, I don´t need my original box. The only important thing is to get it shipped healthy.

Yes I have send it with the original Audiolab box. Only the MDAC, no accessories.
But John, I don´t need my original box. The only important thing is to get it shipped healthy.

Arh - no worries, I just found your box in the cupboard under the Lab staircase :)

Should have left those Vishays in :) ...looking forward to hearing the first external review of Captain LakeWest's efforts

Should have left those Vishays in :) ...looking forward to hearing the first external review of Captain LakeWest's efforts

Yes, it broke my heart to remove them to tell you the truth - the board sounded so good with them in place - I hate to do anything that is a backwards step... :(

*** Superior put them back *** (if John is willing) ;-)

No way too much work, I would have to remove the superior PCB to resolder - While sad to loose the "Superior" DAC, glad to be making my way though the backlog of units around the Lab...

We have Fusions full "Fusioned" Superior board, but ATM its a test PCB on the MDAC2 Rats nest "mess"....

I miss the lab :)

Yes its kinda cozy :) - sadly next year I'll spend more time in China on the production line... :(

Mind you, tomorrow the Powers cut from 7.30am to 15.30 - have NO idea what I'll do, the weather so bad and Renata's at Uni... the electricity supply is worst here then China!

Oh, yes it was also a hard decision for me, but I have to make the point somewhere, sorry.

On the other hand, I´m in for two FDACs and they both will get the Vishay bulk foil upgrade (- if available).

Well John, the power cut is an opportunity to get some rest, think and maybe do some planning for the weeks to come (or just take the dogs for a walk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back