• Part of your system is Naim

Votes: 149 41.0%
  • Nothing made by Naim in your system

Votes: 179 49.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chebby

pfm Member
How many people here own Naim equipment?

Excluding this post, there are six Naim related threads on the first page.

Used to be be Naim/Neat

Now Benchmark/ATC

Loved Naim in the CB/Olive years, but it has changed completely now - run by accountants exploiting brand to charge way too much.

I have never lusted after anything made by Naim, when I was a teenager I went into a Naim sewer and there must have been 12 boxes in a stack playing a single CD, I was underwhelmed by the sound, and overwhelmed by the price of the components when all added up and I thought to myself that I'd never go down that rabbit hole.

There seem to be a lot of Naim haters (I'm not one, live and let live and all that) but Naim need to be careful imo.

[haha at the autocorrect - 'sewer' was meant to be 'dealer!' But I thought I'd leave it. :)

Naim user here for the past 23 years.

Current system - NAC 252/Supercap DR/ NAP 250 DR/ NDX into ProAc K6 speakers.

Soon to add either XPS power supply for the NDX or the Naim DAC.

Brilliant brand, I love the varied upgrade path, though perhaps not for everyone.

Naim user for many years. All Olive. I'm not a fan of the recent stuff.

CDS2/XPS NAC82/Supercap NAXO/Hicap 2xNAP180 modded by Witch Hat into SBL's

VPI turntable. Heed Audio Phono and Headphone amps.

Not tied to Naim, but the Olive kit has some great strengths that I like personally. It may not be for everyone, but there's great detail, good depth to the sound, and a real boogie factor.

An observation, nothing more. - Why do Naim users find it necessary to list all their equipment at a given opportunity? It's such a brilliant company that way.

I voted no as I have nothing left now, but I am certainly an Naim ex-user. I wish I'd kept a Nait 2 for old times sake, it would be nice to have a mint boxed one of those knocking around.

All olive with some Linn front ends :

Linn Sondek LP12 (Ekos SE / Urika / Radikal / Kandid)
Linn Sondek CD12
NAC52 + Supercap
135s x 2
Shahinian Obelisk 1s with NACA5

Will n9ot be changing anytime soon, especially for the latest Naim stuff as I think it's c**p.

Just a Naim CD2 I bought used almost 20 years ago. Oh, and some speaker wire. The CD2 is great with rock and/or roll, but I find I play my Marantz SACD player for jazz and classical much more often.

The rest of the system is fishy and mostly very old.

Joe

Had naim before nothing wrong with naim does music it its own way , however I felt as my tastes changed I could do better elsewhere

Naim user for around 10 years now.

Love their sources, have a Naim NDX and CDX2 and used to own a CDI.

Like their amps although think they are a lot of money and can be equaled or bettered for a lot less.

Cannot abide their speakers, never liked them at all :(

Enjoying a Nait 1 in my second system, with Linn Kan. A nice contrast to my Harbeth and Jadis system.

A couple of years ago, after various Naim Classic swaps, I went up to a Naim DAC, 282, NAPSC, 250.2, Hicap DR, Naca5. It was a great system but box count was ever increasing, upgrade anxiety set in and I couldn't help but feel I was missing out on a more natural sound... so I started experimenting with Luxman, Sugden, Croft etc. I moved away from Naim after that. I ended up with Devialet for a while – more power, more clarity, ease of use, great design, SAM setting etc. Later I discovered valves via Jadis and have owned this amp for longer than anything else so far.

Today, I still very much enjoy the fun Nait / Kan system.. it's reasonably cheap, fun to listen to, a great design and very compact. The Nait is even great for the Harbeths, despite them being low sensitivity.

However, I don't like where Naim are heading these days... I don't buy into the newer design DNA, snazzy marketing, high prices and still a big box count. My order of preference goes back in time, so favourite is the Chrome Bumper, then Olive, then Classic, and I really question the new Uniti style. It's highly unlikely I would go back, I think the only bit I would revisit would be a few Chrome Bumper shoeboxes but have been there before and generally preferred the Nait 1, or at least couldn't justify the difference for the loss of simplicity.

advertisement

Back