advertisement

Premier League 2016-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mourinho was lucky. Ibrahimovich was offside when he scored. Bit of a boring game really. Lindberg's goal was a fluke, because of the way the Leicester defense messed up.

Jack

Must have been a fluke, United don't have a player called Lindberg! 🙄

So Jose no longer has the blues, now he's in charge of the Reds.

Yes it was in 2014.

Nice to see Pogba back albeit at a price. Have to grudgingly doff my cap to his agent who secured him both lucrative moves. But good to see another properly world class player coming to the PL who isn't past his sell by date. Somewhat surprised too given Bob's dire warnings about Utd going bust / being unable to attract the best players / or being unable to compete with Abu Dhabi City. It should make for an entertaining season :D

The BBC are reporting that the purchase of Pogba, Mkhitaryan and Ibrahimović cost the club £250M (including wages)... enough said. The game has gone mad. Come on Leicester!

I doubt anyone will be quaking at the prospective of the return of Pogba to the UK after seeing his non appearance at the Euro championships. He has obviously come for the money, I believe scum fans disparagingly call it being mercenary, as he has no personal ambition if he's happy with Thursday nights in Wales. Likewise the old man Ibrahimovic has secured one last payday. Another player who was non existent in the Euros or when City saw off PSG last season.
One a desperation signing, one a pitiful admission of past errors.
I also roared with laughter as soon as Maureen called in last season's wunderkids and told them, almost to a man, that there services were no longer needed!
With Maureen you know what you get. A lot of noise, a lot of siege mentality, the destruction of your youth programme progressing anyone to the first team and a car crash when he stomps off after 2/3 years.

United - trying to buy the past back
City - building for the future.

all the big teams are trying to buy the silverware... I've lost count of the money spent by the EPL teams in recent years

Football predictions.

I have set up a group on the BBC Predictor called Pink Fish Media and put in my scores. It seems simple, but I can't see anything in the group, maybe all will be revealed once the scores are available. http://bbc.in/2b5oyXm takes you straight there, but you need to put in an email, password and game name.

If you go through the BBC webpage, go to My Predictions and key in 5g5nmz.

Murray can you give this a go
just now and I'll put up the predictions as usual on pfm this weekend and when we know how it all works we can swap over as it is easier to do and takes the 'donkey work' out of adding scores and keeping tabs on the total points etc.

We can hold the discussion on whether supporters of relegated teams can be allowed to join in :D

The BBC are reporting that the purchase of Pogba, Mkhitaryan and Ibrahimović cost the club £250M (including wages)... enough said. The game has gone mad. Come on Leicester!

Ibrahimović was offside when he scored against Leicester the other day, so the Community Shield should have gone to penalties.

That said, he is a great player and so is Pogba. Mourinho is carrying out at Utd what he tried to achieve at Chelsea.

Unfortunately we have still got Emenalo, the idiot who undermined Mourinho, overseeing transfers at Chelsea.

With Stones having gone to City, I don't hold out much hope for Chelsea this coming season, even under Conte. A world class signing could make a difference of course and there are a few more weeks until the transfer window closes.

We have to shore up the back line, now that Terry and Cahill are past their prime. We also need a top class striker. I bet we end up with the massively overpriced 3rd rater Lukaku, because he is a pet project of the minging Emenalo.

Jack

I doubt anyone will be quaking at the prospective of the return of Pogba to the UK after seeing his non appearance at the Euro championships.

This is a terrific point given how little impact any of City's new signings or current players made at the Euros.

He has obviously come for the money
Pogba has played at Utd before whereas of course none of the City players are there for the money. (Clue. They all are only there for the money, including fatty Nasri).

I also roared with laughter as soon as Maureen called in last season's wunderkids and told them, almost to a man, that there services were no longer needed!

Roared Bob? Almost to a man? Were you at this briefing or are you just regurgitating tabloid speculation as usual? Rashford, Martial & Lingard seem to be popular with Jose. It remains to be seen whether Fosu Mensah is used. Personally I hope he will be.

the destruction of your youth programme progressing anyone to the first team.

If only Utd had an academy as productive as City's. First Micah Richards. Who knows who City will promote next to their first team? :D

I hear Pogba is to miss the premier league opener having been booked into the Alexandra Clinic in Cheadle for a couple of nights.

He's having his ambition removed.

Premier League predictions - week 1. Open to all to join in.

SATURDAY
Hull v Leicester
Burnley v Swansea
Crystal Palace v West Brom
Everton v Tottenham
Middlesbrough v Stoke
Southampton v Watford
Man City v Sunderland

SUNDAY
Bournemouth v Man Utd
Arsenal v Liverpool

MONDAY
Chelsea v West Ham

Are we doing the predictions here,or the BBC site?

I put this in earlier in the week:

Football predictions.

I have set up a group on the BBC Predictor called Pink Fish Media and put in my scores. It seems simple, but I can't see anything in the group, maybe all will be revealed once the scores are available. http://bbc.in/2b5oyXm takes you straight there, but you need to put in an email, password and game name.

If you go through the BBC webpage, go to My Predictions and key in 5g5nmz.

Murray can you give this a go just now and I'll put up the predictions as usual on pfm this weekend and when we know how it all works we can swap over as it is easier to do and takes the 'donkey work' out of adding scores and keeping tabs on the total points etc.

We can hold the discussion on whether supporters of relegated teams can be allowed to join in

I'm using the Predictor and if you like you can put your scores there as well.

I guess that is why he has played for England so often.

Jack

He played against Iceland. Was he still in his prime then?

At least he has his, or perhaps the people of Russia and specifically Chukhotka's, money to keep himself warm with.

Then again Jose Fonte only plays in defence for the Saints and what has he ever won for his country?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back