advertisement

Stylish stand mount recommendations please?

I tried my lads Q 20's but they didn't deliver I'm afraid.

I actually prefer the 2010 to the 2020... It's a more exiting speaker and given the right amp, a real joy. Just unbelievable for the money.

Really though, with your budget, I'd look at Linn katans or Dali ikon 1s, both ompact, both stunning.

Does your insurance company cover lab attacks? Is this factored into the budget?

Insurance never even crossed my mind but if I remember correctly - there's a 250 excess on contents. I've never claimed so I don't know how it all works, or if 'HiFi' is even covered.

Don't know if an elderly pair would be down to £400 but the WB Arcs are superbly stylish have downward firing ports (through an aperture in the integrated stands). They work really well with a 250 (I ran them very happily with a 250 for about 5 tears until I inherited my late father's Tannoy Kensingtons.) They are not very fussy about placement in the room. Biamping with two 250s is a very worthwhile upgrade at a later date. If you have young children then you need to know they are not fantastically stable on their stands.

Nic P

Thanks for the suggestion of the Wilsons Nic P - very good looking speakers, however - I've snapped up some local replacements for the 805s. A little more than what I wanted to pay but they're... B&W 805s's.

Better the devil you know, and I have spares incase the lab strikes again.

Cheers folks.

Insurance never even crossed my mind but if I remember correctly - there's a 250 excess on contents. I've never claimed so I don't know how it all works, or if 'HiFi' is even covered.

Give them a call - if you have new for old cover... :)

advertisement

Back