advertisement

Flashback Sales Premiere Cable

topk

pfm Member
I just received my Flashback Sales Premiere Cable. It is a RCA cable I use between source and amplifier in an all Rega gear.

I am shocked.

I tried many interconnects with the exact same setup:
- Cardas Hexlink
- Cardas Quadlink
- Belkin PureAV Silver
- Rega Couple
- Chord Chameleon

The Premiere blows away all of them. It is VERY natural, not bright at all, and basically has no flaws I can detect. It is open, slightly warm, darkish in a good way, and dense again in a good sense. NOT hifi in any way.

Fantastic stuff. HIGHLY recommended.

No affiliation whatsoever with this company, just happy to have found such a great, no nonsense cable, and wanted to share.

Exactly. They just work. You don't have to think about the sound and can focus on the music. And that criteria alone is very difficult to achieve in my experience, at any price...

Convinced wires don't make a signicant difference in any system. They may add a flavour which you may or may not appreciate. However these things seem to just get out of the way and let it all through with no muss no fuss. What more can you ask for?

red

I just received my Flashback Sales Premiere Cable. It is a RCA cable I use between source and amplifier in an all Rega gear.

I am shocked.

- Cardas Hexlink
- Cardas Quadlink
- Belkin PureAV Silver
- Rega Couple
- Chord Chameleon

The Premiere blows away all of them. It is VERY natural, not bright at all, and basically has no flaws I can detect. It is open, slightly warm, darkish in a good way, and dense again in a good sense. NOT hifi in any way.

No affiliation whatsoever with this company, just happy to have found such a great, no nonsense cable, and wanted to share.
Your description matches the sound coming from my Nait 3 & CD3.5 (before i regretably sold it) with a 5 pin din cable purchased from flashback, looks like a house sound.

I actually didn't like it, i thought the dark balance robbed the sound of excitement & sounded overly smooth & constricted in dynamics, squished, if you will.

I also own and use Flashback cables and did so when their Premier outperformed the Lavender cable between my CDS3 and 52 (since sold). In my current system though the RCA interconnect was bettered by Atratus 3 (which cost twice as much as the Flashback) but they remain my go-to cable supplier.

I do agree it is system dependent. There is a touch of darkness, I do agree with it. There is a strong avoidance of harshness in this cable.

But there is also great coherence and balance, which in my system was quite lacking for other cables. I use NACA 5 too.

Forgot to mention these interconnect sell for about 40 GBP which is very reasonable.

So again.... did a "veil" got "lifted"? Did I "hear things I never heard before"? Did the soundstage "explode"? Do I feel the urge to listen to "all my records again"? Are the highs "shimmering"?

No.

It just plays music, and has a great, natural tone... in my system. It gets out of the way and doesn't draw attention to itself other than this natural tone.

I ordered a custom Y lead yesterday, arrived today. Always first class service at reasonable costs.

Happy to celebrate a small manufactuer ��

I am shocked.

- Cardas Hexlink
- Cardas Quadlink
- Belkin PureAV Silver
- Rega Couple
- Chord Chameleon

What colour did you choose

Bought my Quad phono-DIN cables from Flashback. Good company, great service.
How does the mentioned cable compare to Linn black and silver?

Flashback cables are good, but also try Mark Grant. I've always found that Eichmann Bullets make an audible difference.

I am shocked.

- Cardas Hexlink
- Cardas Quadlink
- Belkin PureAV Silver
- Rega Couple
- Chord Chameleon

I

Just to add my own findings on flashback cable. When I was demoing a hicap power supply,I could not justify the outlay.but found some chatter about flashback cables for naim. So I ordered a 5 pin and a4 pin snaik style cables.all I can say is I would not have bought the hicap with the supplied cables. I have just ordered a premiere 4 pin from flashback. The service and quality you cannot fault.

I replaced all my naim cables with Premiere.4toXLR from 82(hicap) to 250.It was grey naim which was obviosly weak part for that amp.Tried cheaper performance version,and I don like it ...too dark.Sound become more transparent and cleaner,better in every way.
Next was Din to rca from Numerik to preamp.I had Linn Black and Silver,better than both,but small diference from Silver.To be honest with Silvers I use naim locked Din but Rca-s was not originals(it was Qued's)
Third was 4 to 5 din for Prefix(from Teddy Pardo DTC).Can't rememeber all the diferences but I think This was best cable upgrade.
I am Not "cable guy" but I tried few cable changes with naim..and can confirm that they made a lot of bad cabling...maybe easier to sell expensive range of today's cable bit everyone should try these bargain upgrades from flashback,good cable obviosly doesn't need to be expensive,I hate snakeoiling in hifi.
Edit I actualy have once more 4to rca cable from Naim pre to EAR amp

advertisement

Back