advertisement

Health benefits of listening to real hifi

Whilst it has it's place. please remember that our bodies will adapt to the demands we place on it. If you sit or lie around all day it will be fit for nothing.

Possibly this could be a heath warning on Audio Visual equipment along the lines of "Only to be taken as part of a healthy natural diet." or some such.

Simon

Got it
This product can be beneficial reliever of stress when used in conjunction with a fit active life style. This Statement does not constitute medical advice.

Well I certainly felt better when I finally gave up trying to turn my LP12 into an accurate music reproduction device and bought a decent CD player!!

I would advise getting into vinyl as it is a physical style of listening.

You don't just sit and listen, there are all sorts of activities such as looking for lps, removing them from the covers, cueing, cleaning and so on and so on.

Surely everyone remembers Dr. Diamond and digital stress?

http://www.drjohndiamond.com/digital/717-human-stress-provoked-by-digitized-recordings

From the site:

My wife and I once attended a concert by Mel Torme. We were thrilled. I especially so when he played Gene Krupa’s “Sing, Sing, Sing” drum solo. We had, we believed, a wonderful time, coming out of Carnegie Hall so smiling and happy. And then I was nearly killed. My wife just managed to pull me back as I was walking right into a fast moving car. Why?, I wondered. I’m not usually that careless, that unthinking. Could it have been to do with the concert?

Next day I questioned a number of friends who had also been there. Each of them had a similar experience. One man, normally very clear thinking, was so confused it took him a long time to find his parked car. One couple decided after the concert to stay at a city hotel, rather than drive an hour and half home—as they always did after a classical concert at Carnegie Hall—because they felt so “exhausted.” Another couple got into a violent argument—with fists—within fifteen minutes of the last note. And two strict vegetarians ate hamburgers! All the time wondering why. It was so against their principles, yet they felt compelled to.

Surely, I wondered, this could not be due to Mel Torme. None of his records I have examined (all analog) had any serious negative effect. It must be the sound amplification system! So I went to Carnegie Hall and asked about their sound equipment. They were very proud to show me the banks of digital delay apparatus. And to point out the loudspeakers in the columns and pillars throughout the hall to convey this digital magic into the unsuspecting audience.

I find the "vegetarians ate hamburgers" part deeply touching.

Also remember, when you're trying to woo the Mrs after a good night out, good hifi helps stimulate body parts that other audio systems cannot reach! Proven fact!!

Got it
This product can be beneficial reliever of stress when used in conjunction with a fit active life style. This Statement does not constitute medical advice.

I think that might be more like an ad for portable music players as worn by runners, joggers, and others. And not an i in sight. :D

I would advise getting into vinyl as it is a physical style of listening.

You don't just sit and listen, there are all sorts of activities such as looking for lps, removing them from the covers, cueing, cleaning and so on and so on.

Plus the weight loss as you sweat from being covered head to toe in soft, tight, black....

I find a good hifi results in slimming around areas such as the wallet. And I don't even have to listen to gain this benefit

advertisement

Back