advertisement

What are you listening to right now? #48

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possibly the loveliest album I've tracked down after recalling it depicted on one of those late 60's promo inner sleeve from my father's album record collection.

MI0000937665.jpg

For those who enjoy a good instrumental wigout . Bass is particularly sinuous, lacking the leaden lumpen quality a lot of bands who attempt this sort of sound tend to feature. "My Brother the Wind's" third album "Once There was a Time When Time and Space were One".

my-brother-the-wind-once-there-was-a-time-when-time-and-space-were-one.jpg

Velvet Underground / The Complete Matrix Tapes. Only on the first set and only on laptop speakers, but really loving the 13 minute, super slow version of I'm Waiting For The Man.

African Headcharge - Songs of Praise

not exactly Christmassy but very enjoyable, how come it took me so long to discover this I wonder.

Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells.

*Another* copy for the collection bought today for £1 but I bought it because it is a pre-barcode pressing. A quick read through Steve Hoffman and it's apparently quite a well-sought after version. Sounds bloody good so far.

Possibly the loveliest album I've tracked down after recalling it depicted on one of those late 60's promo inner sleeve from my father's album record collection.

MI0000937665.jpg

They are supposed to be releasing a bio film about Moondog sometime soon. The man was a genius blind busker in NY, and played with many jazz greats, classical musos etc.

Enjoying some Patto and Toad myself

Deafheaven / New Bermuda 2LP. Finally. The pressing was delayed from September. Worth the wait though. Lovely sounding, flat, black, quiet vinyl in a proper heavy gatefold sleeve. Sounds a bit meatier than the FLAC and if that's colouration, then I don't care.

I've been toying with getting that, as I like his soundtrack to Beyond The Black Rainbow.

They're both great albums.

I'd also recommend Jonas Reinhardt whose music is in a similar vein:

Last edited by a moderator:
Tangerine Dream - Alpha Centauri

Playing the Jive issue. Ghastly cover art but possibly the best sound quality CD-wise you can get .

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back