advertisement

WEST LANCS BAKEOFF/GET TOGETHER....16/01/16

Sorry I can't make it - glad it's because I will be somewhere warm:)

Perhaps next time....

Jim

Jim, thanks. another time hopefully.

Warner than West Lancs ????

Are you sure? It must be somewhere very exotic and much further south.

Devon ?

Hi Brian,

any chance I can pop along from Liverpool please?

Cheers, Darren.

Darren, yes you are very welcome.

Lots of room for more folks to attend

To anyone who hasn't been to a bake-off, newbie or otherwise, Brian's would be a perfect start.

Warm welcome, plenty of craic, tons of room/s.

I should let you know that he loves Jazz so music lovers needn't attend.

Best wishes

Ian.

p.s. take a taser just in case he picks up a soldering iron :D

I should let you know that he loves Jazz so music lovers needn't attend.

Best wishes

Ian.

p.s. take a taser just in case he picks up a soldering iron :D

To those already signed up to this, and especially to those still thinking about it.

Dont be put off by all of Ians talk
He used to be a rocker. Now he is a total jazz man. Cant get enough.
All thanks to a couple of visits to my house.
That could be you.

Jazz is not compulsory, and we generally have a 5 minute gap every hour for other stuff.

It will be a day you will never forget, and your lives will change for ever. you will probably grow a little goatee beard, say words like "Man, cool, hip" etc etc and start going to dark and dingy places to listen to improvised music.

His reference to a soldering iron is hinting at a few unfortunate accidents I had, when I was in my experimental phase.
the next stage had been a soldering iron, and I had it on my xmas wish list. sadly my wife asked for advice from a few so called "mates". They seemingly suggested it may not be the safest present she has ever given me, and I ended up with socks....again.

Room for more.

Ps just in case there is any doubt. Im kidding about the jazz. Im open to all kinds of stuff. Bring it all.

Great idea Brian,

Newbies, you will have a great time at take5's, it's a brilliant venue, get your names down.

P.s No Pavlova for you then:p

:D

Edit: For those that are wondering what Brian looks like:

12189767_10153759915949772_9193886246720219281_n.jpg

LOL.....................

Not sure who that handsome chap is, but I hope all attendees are not as good looking as that, or Ill get a complex.

Ps that pavlova looks great. M & S ?

Rammstein on the Tannoys :eek: I was lucky enough not to hear that, but I can guess which Yokshireman brought it.

Just think of it as loud jazz..... ;)
Excellent idea for a bake off, Brian, good on yer.
Get your name down folks, it will be a very enjoyable day.

Hello!

Take 5. Only just spotted this. I'd love to come along and am only in Billinge, which is close by and much like Rainford but with worse pubs..

I am house trained, vaccinated and could bring along my nice new LFD Zero MkV and a few records.

Is there hope? :D

Mull

P.S. I like jazz.

P.P.S. I could bring along my famous Chilli Jam and Hummus.

Hello!

Take 5. Only just spotted this. I'd love to come along and am only in Billinge, which is close by and much like Rainford but with worse pubs..

I am house trained, vaccinated and could bring along my nice new LFD Zero MkV and a few records.

Is there hope? :D

Mull

P.S. I like jazz.

P.P.S. I could bring along my famous Chilli Jam and Hummus.

Mull, a jazz lover, chilli jam and hummus................oh yes !!

There is more than hope.... you are now top of the list.

It will be nice to meet you.

Ps. Im in Bickerstaffe...

IM SORRY TO HAVE TO SAY THAT I AM GOING TO HAVE TO CANCEL THIS BAKE-OFF

My Dad has Alzheimers and things have not been well for the last few weeks. It looks like I will have to go up to Scotland a few times in January, to deal with Power of Attorney/Solicitors/Banks etc etc etc.
But mainly to look for a Care Home for the sad day when he loses his independence, and needs to be looked after.

At the moment I dont know when these trips will be, but I want to keep my diary free, in case I need to go at short notice.
I also dont want to be unfair to you Bake Off attendees, by giving you only a few days notice of cancelation.

To be honest it also gives me one less thing to organise, which is very welcome at the moment.

My apologies to all of you from both forums (about 20, to date ). I had been looking forward to meeting you all.

Im sure you will understand my reasons for this choice, and hopefully we can re-arrange a date once things settle down at my end.

regards
Brian

Totally understand Brian, hope you get everything sorted. Just been through something similar with my father.

Important things first Brian, plenty more time in the future for the get together.

All the best for Christmas and New year and hope all goes as well as can be expected.

Very sorry to hear that Brian.

I may be willing to take Brian's bakeoff over at my place in Liverpool dependent on interest, even if it's just a music day. I know Brian well, I'm sure he'll approve.

Please post prospective interest and I will confirm when I have given it some thought.

advertisement

Back