advertisement

What are you listening to right now? #48

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you heard the Mrs.Mills version-accompanied by Billy Cotton and his Big Band?

v3hx04.jpg

It's dripping with sexual energy.

I had the 'pleasure' of seeing her as a support act to to Basil Brush back in the 70s.

Finally listening to Van Morrison's Its too Late to Stop Now
not the expensive re release but a US pressing from 1974 , picked up for $12 in NYC

Gosh it is very good.

This is so beautiful—even if you're not a Prefab Sprout fan, you should listen to this. It's a etheric melancholy musical journey of a man, his eyesight fading, listening to the radio, looking for connections. Wonderful.

PaddyMcAloonALBUMPIC1.jpg

Ginger Baker Trio (Baker plus Bill Frisell and Charlie Haden): Going Back Home - Nice

Lone Star OST: Various Artists - Great, especially "Boogie" by Little Walter (great film too)

Finally listening to Van Morrison's Its too Late to Stop Now
not the expensive re release but a US pressing from 1974 , picked up for $12 in NYC

Gosh it is very good.

Yes. On CD the Polydor 1988 (double jewel case and no Brown-Eyed Girl tacked on the end) is the one to have.

Yes. On CD the Polydor 1988 (double jewel case and no Brown-Eyed Girl tacked on the end) is the one to have.

thanks Darren
I am not going to get the CD just for Brown Eyed Girl, as good a song that is.
Am q amazed at this old double vinyl i got my hands on - the feeling of 'being there' on the last track Cypress Ave is amazing :)

thanks Darren
Am q amazed at this old double vinyl i got my hands on - the feeling of 'being there' on the last track Cypress Ave is amazing :)

I went to the gig at The Rainbow, which was recorded for this album. Saw him a number of times in this time period. The Caledonia Soul Orchestra were fantastic.

Jack

This is so beautiful—even if you're not a Prefab Sprout fan, you should listen to this. It's a etheric melancholy musical journey of a man, his eyesight fading, listening to the radio, looking for connections. Wonderful.

PaddyMcAloonALBUMPIC1.jpg

I love it. It cuts so deep emotionally that I can't listen to it very often. Leaves me a wreck.

I went to the gig at The Rainbow, which was recorded for this album. Saw him a number of times in this time period. The Caledonia Soul Orchestra were fantastic.

Jack

Wow Cool perhaps it was u shouting at the end of Cypress !
What an ensemble - the Caledonia Orchestra.

I was lucky to see him in about 1991 in Nottingham.
Big band, with back up singers and some brass.
We were relieved that he played thru and did not lose it and walk off!
Poetic Champions sort of era. Nice concert.

Is the live gig he did playing Astral Weeks in 2008 any good ?

thanks Darren
Understood! But to repeat, the CD to look for doesn't have Brown-Eyed Girl (later loundess-warred remasters do).

Glad you're enjoying the album! I think my favourite song is Listen To The Lion but the whole thing is good.

Was: Kiasmos - Swept EP
Now: Lubomyr Melnyk - Evertina

Erased Tapes really have had an excellent year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back