advertisement

System Pics 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just find them a bit challenging to the aesthetic and would box them in (but I would have them closer to the corner too). I don't think they are aggressive enough for an 'industrial chic' look and with the plastic pipe clips it just seems as though it was done after the decorating and is waiting to be boxed in...

I think there are 2 school of thoughts on this.
One for not boxing in the pipes as this is free heat, the other saying it is taking/using energy that would be more effective via the radiator.

Bloss

Any heat energy those pipes radiate has to be replaced by the boiler so certainly not 'free' as such. The heat they radiate is no less or no more effective than if it had come from the radiator. IOW the choice is simply one of aesthetics. Assuming the pipes had to be routed from the floor above then I'd have asked the plumber to drop them down behind where the curtain is.

Mr Tibbs

Any heat energy those pipes radiate has to be replaced by the boiler so certainly not 'free' as such. The heat they radiate is no less or no more effective than if it had come from the radiator. IOW the choice is simply one of aesthetics. Assuming the pipes had to be routed from the floor above then I'd have asked the plumber to drop them down behind where the curtain is.

Mr Tibbs

Non lagged pipes do not achieve this.

Aesthetically I agree, but you do not know if there are any other reasons for the pipework not to be in the corner, ie structural, or a lazy leaky joe.

Bloss

Mr Tibbs

with 30% of the heat from the radiator going into side of the sofa maybe the pipes serve a functional purpose.

The heating system was fitted way before we moved in so had no choice on pipe placement
but I like the fact you can see the working as such
We have a cottage on the side of the house which is over 300 years old
god knows what we are going to do with that

Honesty it really doesn't bother me , there are so many different types of set up's and room
designs on this thread some look great some not so great IMHO.

I've tried to do the best I could out of a very normal box size room by closing one door way opening another and also cutting the 3 boxes out the wall fitting the panels and LEDs.

I have thermalite concrete floors and didn't really want to start cutting holes in the stuff to have the pipes rerouted and I deal say would of cost silly money as I have 4 levels if you count the basement.

When we started the build we said we wanted to leave them on show and cleaned them up
to look better

We spent about 8 months working on the house before we moved in and still doing bite and bobs plus next year we want to start the decking and so on :)

Honesty it really doesn't bother me , there are so many different types of set up's and room
designs on this thread some look great some not so great IMHO.

I've tried to do the best I could out of a very normal box size room by closing one door way opening another and also cutting the 3 boxes out the wall fitting the panels and LEDs.

I have thermalite concrete floors and didn't really want to start cutting holes in the stuff to have the pipes rerouted and I deal say would of cost silly money as I have 4 levels if you count the basement.

When we started the build we said we wanted to leave them on show and cleaned them up
to look better

We spent about 8 months working on the house before we moved in and still doing bite and bobs plus next year we want to start the decking and so on :)

FWIW I think you've done a great job on the room. The 3 holes you opened up are a nice touch (and work well with the window in the distance - intended or not). If you get tired of the pipes you could always wrap them ;)

Mr Tibbs

In a country obsessed with Victoriana, I think Bazza's house looks ace. The wall panelling looks unusual and really adds a depth to the room.

System looks pretty good too....

12246642_517676781725404_7104476396533855619_n.jpg

Just thought you might like a picture taken at Bar Track in Tokyo.

My kind of bar. :)

Why is there no 'like' button on this forum?

Because that would be utterly, utterly shit.

One can be one of the people who string together mellifluous monologues of prose. Delightfully dainty drops of dignified description. Cornucopia of correspondence capable of delivering nuance, subtlety and finesse.

Or one can be an icon pushing person. One whose every thought has been pre-packaged into a series of responses you can teach chickens to simulate with positive reinforcement.

[youtube]-RAIgp5MXEw[/youtube]

Because that would be utterly, utterly shit.

One can be one of the people who string together mellifluous monologues of prose. Delightfully dainty drops of dignified description. Cornucopia of correspondence capable of delivering nuance, subtlety and finesse.

Or one can be an icon pushing person. One whose every thought has been pre-packaged into a series of responses you can teach chickens to simulate with positive reinforcement.

[youtube]-RAIgp5MXEw[/youtube]

Like :rolleyes:

Just thought you might like a picture taken at Bar Track in Tokyo.

My kind of bar. :)

Am I the only one who paused at the pic, didn't see this caption below, and was well on the way to making a value judgement about your alcohol intake .... ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back