advertisement

MDAC First Listen (part 00101000)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This.

Keep the goal in sight. A small slippage I can cope with, but if we start chasing rainbows and loading the goalposts onto a rocket ready to fire at the moon I will pull out. I want an actual physical 'very good' dac, rather than a fictional, unending project magical play/do everything device.

+10.

...at the very least, it would be nice to know HDMI is finally an option because MiniDSP have the license - DSD 2-channel for you 'Audiophiles' and multichannel input by the BDP Source of your choice.

RPI has both. This has potential.

I presume you asked about putting the Pi in the FWC because the i2s connection is meant to be less than 3cm?

I understand you use the GPIO pins to get the i2s out of the Pi, but can you point me to something that will tell me how to do that exactly. Cheers

I have asked John about this, because it works the other way around.
Item cost + packaging + shipping/insurance + import duty all these costs are summed then VAT is added to that total, then a handling fee for collecting the taxes. :eek:

Clearly I have not been up to speed these past few days before the new school year: So this means that when the FWC MDAC2 is ready in Hong Kong I will face paying around 350£ + shipping to have it reach me here in Denmark. If that goes for the VFETs as well, I will be bankrupt the moment they ask me for the 1000£ duty/vat fees ...:eek::eek::eek:
I was hoping to pick the MDAC2+VFETS up in the Czech Republic.

Someone please tell me that the above is incorrect.

You could get them sent to Czech for the cost of only the delivery (as it would be John sending them home, so no sale) then swing by and pick them, provide John with biscuits/cuddles/JD etc and forego the tax induced heart attack assuming you have the support of the man in charge.

You could[/] get them sent to Czech for the cost of only the delivery (as it would be John sending them home, so no sale) then swing by and pick them, provide John with biscuits/cuddles/JD etc and forego the tax induced heart attack assuming you have the support of the man in charge.

John likes jelly beans and fruit pastilles too!

While in town this place is not to be missed

http://www.kolibautrikralu.cz/o-restauraci/

I and Rune plan to drive down once the FWC Fusion MDAC2 and the VFets are ready. I am sure we will have time to look around town. I know that Czech beer is better than Czech food, however.
:p

I am moving to Canada in 2 weeks and I'm struggling to find a mains lead that allows me to use my M-Dac on Canadian power any ideas?

Regards

Anton

I and Rune plan to drive down once the FWC Fusion MDAC2 and the VFets are ready. I am sure we will have time to look around town. I know that Czech beer is better than Czech food, however.
Yes looking forward to the trip and to drinking a few Czech beers with you and John.

Don't know about the food, but I heard that eating is cheating anyway :D

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/china-knocked-off-range-rover-135006250.html

How can the Chinese government allow this?

For the PFM Fusion Dac production I'll personally build and test each unit here in HK, not looking forward to being away from Renata and the Pups for so long, but its my personal guarantee of quality :)

The LandWind is a bad joke aimed at destroying decades of Land Rover IP and development. The WTO should act. I just hope the Fusion Dac is not copied before it's delivered. How quickly the chinese copied John's heatsink design was amazing and worrying! To ensure we have something Authentic I think we should consider asking John to sign each board and perhaps consider the suggestions below:

PS. To make our DACs special, a John Westlake 'made with love' insignia would be terrific ;-)

. Any chance for this first PFM editions to say 'limited PFM edition x of 200" or something to differentiate them as part of the special first few? Maybe with a signature, John? That would be pretty cool I think (providing your handwriting is better than mine).

As for the picture of the bar:

John likes jelly beans and fruit pastilles too!

While in town this place is not to be missed

http://www.kolibautrikralu.cz/o-restauraci/

It reminds me of John's Lab?

I'm really interested and excited by the room optimization/equalization offered by the miniDSP collaboration...no need to change speakers/etc.

The project is now sounding FAB!!!....All systems go!...:D

I'm really interested and excited by the room optimization/equalization offered by the miniDSP collaboration...no need to change speakers/etc.

Will any of this room optimisation and equalisation etc which miniDSP brings to the party be of any use to some one like me who simply plays CDs and is only interested in the best possible SQ from two channel stereo?
Also, would the cd slot have any SQ advantages over my Primare CD player which was a very expensive (£1600 top of the range in 2002 )which I use as a transport.Thanks

I disagree. Try cabbage soup. It sounds disgusting but its sourness with meat and seasoning is utterly delicious.

Try the goulash and the spicy sausage with rye bread, mustard and horseradish, wonderful!

Then you have pork knuckle and saurkraut... Yum!

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back