advertisement

What hifi equipment do you currently own?

steve_1979

pfm Member
As this forum doesn't allow members to add a signature to the bottom of posts to show what kit they're using I thought that it would be interesting to have a thread to see what equipment you guys/gals are using.

Hi-Fi - PC or Technics SL1210 > Yamaha DSP-E800 > AVI DM10 > AVI subwoofer

Head-Fi - Sony NWZ-A847 > Westone UM3x or Sennheiser HD700

In Storage - AVI DM5 and Epiphany Acoustics EHP-O2Di

Im glad we aren't all showing what we've got. Thats because mine is nothing special nor do I seek anything wonderful.

Raspberry Pi 2 and IQ Audio DAC as for the rest no burglars adverts here.

SBT, M-DAC, Croft 25 pre-amp, Event Opals as my main system.

Grado 325is and Shure IEM for personal.

Arcam Alpha 8 amp and 7 CDP, Beresford Caiman and BK XXLS400 not in use.

Went without a system for a couple of months but have made a few acquisitions of late...

Arcam Alpha 5 / Sony CDP-991

>>

Arcam Delta 290

>>

Castle Severn MK.I / Rega ELA MK.I

Unbelievably the total cost for all components has been less than £200... We've never had it so good when it comes to s/h hifi.

Went without a system for a couple of months but have made a few acquisitions of late...

Arcam Alpha 5 / Sony CDP-991

>>

Arcam Delta 290

>>

Castle Severn MK.I / Rega ELA MK.I

Unbelievably the total cost for all components has been less than £200... We've never had it so good when it comes to s/h hifi.

The A 5, Delta 290 and Castle Severns should work beautifully together, the ELAs will work well too but really shine on the end of naim and surprise, surprise... Rega kit.

Win8.1 PC with Asset UPnP. AG1500 mains regenerator/Cyrus StreamX2->DAC XP+(with PSX-R)->Bryston 2BSST->KEF Reference 3~2

Im glad we aren't all showing what we've got. Thats because mine is nothing special nor do I seek anything wonderful.

Raspberry Pi 2 and IQ Audio DAC as for the rest no burglars adverts here.
It's ok you don't have to post your address if you don't want to. ;)

I find it interesting to see what people are using and Googling the stuff that I don't recognise.

The A 5, Delta 290 and Castle Severns should work beautifully together, the ELAs will work well too but really shine on the end of naim and surprise, surprise... Rega kit.

I must admit to being rather impressed with both Arcam & Castles... Very underrated (by me anyway!) The Delta is up there with any integrated I've ever owned & the Castles really suit my matured musical taste, last time I owned Castles (Conway II's) it was all rock/metal and they didn't like it :D

Current system:

Michell Gyrodec SE / RB300 / Ortofon 2M Blue
Trichord Dino Mk1
Sony DVP-S9000ES
Bryston B60
Keesonic 701A

Other Bits:
Decware Zen SE84 (Out on Loan)
Rega R9 (Out on Loan)
Keesonic Kolt (Office System)
TA2020 T-Amp (Office System)
Sony TA-F3000ES
Kord Tornado (on their way back to me soon)

Current system:

Michell Gyrodec SE / RB300 / Ortofon 2M Blue
Trichord Dino Mk1
Sony DVP-S9000ES
Bryston B60
Keesonic 701A

Other Bits:
Decware Zen SE84 (Out on Loan)
Rega R9 (Out on Loan)
Keesonic Kolt (Office System)
TA2020 T-Amp (Office System)
Sony TA-F3000ES
Kord Tornado (on their way back to me soon)
Hi Hoops. :)

I see the Tannoy's have gone already?

Stereo Setup:

VSDEN mains cables;
SSD Fanless Netbook;
Tellurium Q USB cable;
Audiolab 8200CD with AMR fuse;
BlackSat interconnect cable;
Primare I21 with AMR fuse;
Tellurium Q Black speaker cable;
Monitor Audio GX100 with Tellurium Q Black cabling, wool damping in the woofer compartment, custom made stands;
REL R528SE using Bassline Blue neutrik cable.

AV Setup:

Sony BDP S6200;
Pioneer 921;
MA BX5; MA RX1
REL R528SE;
Panasonic 50ST50.

Headphones Setups:

Pro-Ject Head Box S; Grado SR125i;
Dragonfly; Rockit Sounds R50.

living room, lp12 lingo /ittok/arkiv.Pc to beresford gatorized caimen. Linn Kairn, meridian D600 speakers.
dining room, same sources to ps audio 2c plus power anp feeding magneplanar mg 1.4.
the living room satisfies my metallica side and the dining room my adele side.
Rgds
Stuart

As this forum doesn't allow members to add a signature to the bottom of posts to show what kit they're using I thought that it would be interesting to have a thread to see what equipment you guys/gals are using.

The forum does allow seeing signatures.

You have to enable this feature though using User CP.

HiFi
LP12(Trampolin)/Alphason Xenon mcs/Goldring 1040/Cambridge phono stage.
Meridian 506/Teac T1 Transport(going soon)Mac min/SBT/Benchmark DAC2 HDR/Tascam DA20 Mk2 DAT/Revox B77/Sony MDR1, Sennheiser HD600 Phones
XTA 224 DSP/QUAD 520F/QUAD 240 power.
Isotek mini sub mains
Active JBL H9800 based clones.
Klotz Balanced interconnects/Mark Grant/VanDamme/NVA phono/Digi's/ Van Damme Blue speaker cable on Speakon connectors.

AV
Marantz 4200
Pulse 214 DSP
Van Damme balanced XLR's
ROTEL 956AX
Active JBL Array clone. mains, Tannoy Saturn Center and Surrounds
BKK XXLS400 sub

Computer
Crown D75 Power amp
Mission 770

You did ask...

Turntables: Garrard 301, Thorens TD-124/II (Schopper upgrades etc), Technics SL-120, Lenco L70. Only the Garrard currently in use.

Tonearms: SME M2-10, 4 x SME 3009s (two Improved, two pre Improved, they just seem to find their way here somehow), a L70 arm.

Cartridges: Ortofon 2M Black, 540/II, AT33 PTG, Pickering XV-15/625E, various Shure MMs.

Digital: Rega Apollo R, Cambridge 752BD & 651C, Sony 940QS, Rotel 951 with pfm Flea (latter two a bit faulty), Rega DAC, Focusrite 2i2.

Preamps: JC Verdier Control B, Audio Synthesis PAS-O2, Quad 33 x 2, Quad 34.

Power amps: Leak Stereo 20 (now fully rebuilt and working!), Quad 303 (Dada boards), Quad 306, Quad 405-2, Amptastic Mini-1.

Tuners: Quad FM3.

Cassette decks: far too many, few work, none in regular use.

Speakers: 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold in DIY York cabs, Klipsch La Scala (ALK Universal crossovers), JR149s (rebuilt with new Falcon drivers).

Headphones: Sennheiser HD600 for home, AKG K450 for out and about.

In use:
WT Amadeus GTA + Ortofon Cadenza Blue
Jez Arkless phono stage
NAD M3 Integrated Amplifier
Neat Vito SEs

Lurking about awaiting a vague notion of sale:
Denon 103 cartridge
Naim 32.5/Hi cap/misterc6 Mono 110s
Exposure X
Epos ES14s
Leak Troughline

Just getting back into hi fi after an ultimately unsuccessful flirtation with convergence:

Clearaudio Emotion with Clearaudio Concept MM
CA 551p
Nad C320BEE
Vortexbox Mini Server/Squeezebox Touch EDO with Dragonfly v1.2 Dac
Yamaha CT 1010 tuner
Rotel 965BX CD player
Marantz SD 35 tape deck
B&W CM8 speakers

advertisement

Back