advertisement

Technics DD clone?

They are a bit plasticy, it only looks like a Techinics clone, it doesn't feel or sound like one.

Not knocking them though, they are cheap, fine as a budget DJ deck. I'd buy a Rega for normal home listening though.

This isn't speculation, I know someone who has a pair for backup over his 1210s and use with timecode disks when he does dub step nights at questionable venues. :D

One of the interesting (to me) features is the 78 RMP facility. I have a lot of 78's collected by my late Uncle.

It'd be fine for that, it isn't bad... It's just not a 1210, 1210s are properly excellent decks!

Also the built in RIAA pre and USB socket seem to be the way new turntables may go.

Don't think I can justify it at the moment, as I have the SL-110, TD 124 II, and several other decks. TD124 does 78 RPM.

Also the built in RIAA pre and USB socket seem to be the way new turntables may go.

Don't think I can justify it at the moment, as I have the SL-110, TD 124 II, and several other decks. TD124 does 78 RPM.

The TD124 will be better. USB recording interfaces can be had for about £25, I brought a numark one that works pretty well.

The TD124 will be better. USB recording interfaces can be had for about £25, I brought a numark one that works pretty well.

Thanks, I will keep that in mind. My old Terratec PC soundcard has an input for turntable and the RIAA can be switched in. I have never tried it though.

advertisement

Back