advertisement

Every Little Helps

That's not a lot of filling......but personally, I don't like any mass manufactured steak pies as IMO, the 'steak' tends to be more fat and gristle than meat and chomping down on fatty stuff isn't my thing. I'd rather make my own as in reality, it doesn't take that long but I understand that sometimes, people just don't have the time. Aldi chicken and veg pie's are ok but not the steak.

I tried a chicken pie from Lidl.
Fairly average.
The chicken came from Vietnam which, for some reason, I didn't find reassuring.

well what do you expect when you buy packeted food. :D Ive recently seen those no drain tins of fish.

I dont know if they are jammed full but you could buy a tin of tuna and its only half to three quarters full. Thats a bloody swizz

Another one is some packeted pizzas with hardly any topping on them.

I only buy certain things with as little packaging as possible because I like to know what Im getting

That's not a lot of filling......but personally, I don't like any mass manufactured steak pies as IMO, the 'steak' tends to be more fat and gristle than meat and chomping down on fatty stuff isn't my thing. I'd rather make my own as in reality, it doesn't take that long but I understand that sometimes, people just don't have the time. Aldi chicken and veg pie's are ok but not the steak.

I don't buy much ready made food, but just thought I would give these a go. They are not their "cheap" pies, so I expected better than this. I have emailed the picture to Tesco, and we shall see what they say.

I live on the corner of a road, at the end of one road is a Tesco Express, at the end of the other road is a Sainsburys Local. I have both, overpriced in my view except on a few special offers. There is no doubt that Sainsburys is slightly better quality. I wish there was a Lidl or Aldi nearby!

I have an answer answer from Tesco, very quick, here is the text, anyone suggest what I should reply to it apart from providing the details that they request?

"Thank you for your email.

I’m really sorry the Tesco Slow Cooked Steak & Ale Pies you purchased recently wasn’t of the high quality you expected, as they seemed to lack in filling. I can imagine your disappointment with this, as I know I wouldn’t be happy either.

Please let me reassure you that we do our very best to ensure our products are the best quality possible. We monitor quality control and our buyers work closely with our suppliers to alert them to any product concerns. So, I'm sorry that despite this you still had a problem. When something goes wrong, we like to take steps to avoid future problems, so I am glad that you have taken the time to bring this to my attention.

To let our supplier know about this, if you still have the packaging, could you please let me know the following information from each pie:

- Product barcode
- Use by/best before date
- Batch code
- Supplier code
- Which store you purchased them from

I have attached an information sheet to help you find these details, so I hope this is useful. Also, I wanted to check if you are happy for me to pass your contact details along to the supplier or if you wish to remain anonymous?

Upon receipt of these additional details, I would also be happy to send you a Tesco Moneycard to reimburse you for the cost of the pies, to say sorry. So, please could you also forward me your full address details?

Lastly, I’m really sorry we let you down recently, but I look forward to hearing from you shortly.

Kind regards"

I have an answer answer from Tesco, very quick, here is the text, anyone suggest what I should reply to it?

"Thank you for your email.

I’m really sorry the Tesco Slow Cooked Steak & Ale Pies you purchased recently wasn’t of the high quality you expected, as they seemed to lack in filling. I can imagine your disappointment with this, as I know I wouldn’t be happy either.

Please let me reassure you that we do our very best to ensure our products are the best quality possible. We monitor quality control and our buyers work closely with our suppliers to alert them to any product concerns. So, I'm sorry that despite this you still had a problem. When something goes wrong, we like to take steps to avoid future problems, so I am glad that you have taken the time to bring this to my attention.

To let our supplier know about this, if you still have the packaging, could you please let me know the following information from each pie:

- Product barcode
- Use by/best before date
- Batch code
- Supplier code
- Which store you purchased them from

I have attached an information sheet to help you find these details, so I hope this is useful. Also, I wanted to check if you are happy for me to pass your contact details along to the supplier or if you wish to remain anonymous?

Upon receipt of these additional details, I would also be happy to send you a Tesco Moneycard to reimburse you for the cost of the pies, to say sorry. So, please could you also forward me your full address details?

Lastly, I’m really sorry we let you down recently, but I look forward to hearing from you shortly.

Kind regards"

well what do you expect when you buy packeted food. :D Ive recently seen those no drain tins of fish.

I dont know if they are jammed full but you could buy a tin of tuna and its only half to three quarters full. Thats a bloody swizz

Another one is some packeted pizzas with hardly any topping on them.

I only buy certain things with as little packaging as possible because I like to know what Im getting

exactly - but I dare say before the horsemeat scandal the pie would have had a lot more meat in it :)

I have just composed a reply to Tesco, this is what I sent, I have left out the names and address:
--------------------------
"Dear ---

Thank you for your prompt reply and apologies, which are accepted. If one looks at the photo on the packaging of the pie, it bears little or no resemblance to what is inside.

I notice that they would like to pass on to your suppliers my details. I find this strange and have to ask the question as to why? The item was purchased from Tesco, and that is where responsibility lies from my point of view. I certainly would not want my details passed on to a supplier of your Company, who is unknown to me.

Please find attached, two photographs, along with the address of the Tesco store, which is ---------------. This should provide the information that you requested.

I was surprised and more than disappointed to receive your offer of just a refund of the cost of the two pies, bearing in mind the grave misrepresentation involved. I do not consider this to be a meaningful gesture of compensation and goodwill. Please look into this and come back to me with an appropriate figure, preferably not just a credit voucher, which will leave a pleasant taste in this customer's mouth.

I look forward to hearing from you, when convenient.

Kind regards,"

Well i might have put unpleasant taste but hey ho.

I guess the easy thing to do is weigh the pie.mif it weighs what they say, then thats the content if the pie.

Well i might have put unpleasant taste but hey ho.

I guess the easy thing to do is weigh the pie.mif it weighs what they say, then thats the content if the pie.

Very good point, I should have done that. But still there is the miss-representation, due to the real thing not looking like the photo.

Just in case anyone is interested, reply from Tesco. I am drafting a response:
---------------------
Thank you for emailing me back.

I’d like to thank you for getting back to me with the product details, they’re of a great help and please be assured that the supplier will do all they can to make sure the pies are of the highest standard possible in future.

However, just to let you know, we ask if you mind us passing your contact details to our suppliers in case they have any further questions. But, we can still inform them without your details, so your complaint has been passed onto them without your contact details on this occasion.

Further to this, I’d like to apologise that you were left disappointed with my offer of sending you out a Tesco Moneycard to cover the cost of the pies. It was never my intention to disappoint you further, but to save you the further disappointment of having to return the products back to the store. However, you can do this on your next shopping trip to receive a full refund, if you like, as from here I’m afraid we can only send a Tesco Moneycard.

For product quality issues, we as a company have decided that the best thing to do is to ensure the feedback is reported to the supplier for investigation. We also want our customers to know that we have taken their feedback seriously and to ensure our customers are not out of pocket for the item. By reporting the matter to the supplier, we can find out what went wrong or take the feedback on board, to try and prevent a similar problem from happening again.

We have done this to the best of our ability and feel that our actions and apologies are the best way to let you know that we care and to restore your faith in us. We don’t feel that any amount of money can change what has happened and we hope you will agree that if we want to keep improving for our customers we need to listen and act on feedback and complaints rather than just giving out money.

On saying this, we do resolve all complaints on an individual basis, so on this occasion as I understand your disappointment, I’d be happy to instead send you out a £7.00 Tesco Moneycard, to say sorry. If you’d like to accept my offer, please let me know?

I look forward to hearing from you shortly.

Kind regards

advertisement

Back