advertisement

Upcoming concerts...

I may have let out an excited yelp when I read the Barbican mailout this morning

Discreet + Oblique - The Music Of Brian Eno, with Leo Abrahams, Benge, Oliver Coates, John Harle, Emma Smith, and The Necks (THE NECKS!!!!!!!). Plus a performance afterwards by Laraaji.

It really couldn't be much more "me" if it tried.

I'm also really tempted by the late Prom with Nils Frahm and A Winged Victory For The Sullen.
Only thing putting me off is that I'll have to drive up to the RAH, and then find parking.

We are going to Ravenna for a concert of vocal music on 29th June, in the Basilica of San Vitale. I love Arvo Part and the Basilica is amazing anyway, so we are going to fit our holiday around it.
And just for something completely different - The Bevis Frond in London in August!

Also really looking forward to seeing Jane Weaver (at the Green Door Store in Brighton)and LoneLady (at Heaven in that there London) in October.

Rather surprisingly, I got an email to say that some more tickets for the previously sold out Bjork gig at the Castlefield Arena, were to be made available and I was lucky enough to get one. The gig on Sun 5 July is part of the Manchester International Festival.

well, saw mark knopfler last night - he and his band were spot on, played over 2 hours non stop and the show was nigh on faultless...tho, he could have played a few more dire straits tracks - as he only played Sultans of Swing, Romeo and Juliet and So Far Away, and telegraph road...

Steve Wilson and King Crimson in September...really looking forward to that month!
December taking my daughter to her first ever proper gig (ie: not me!) The Waterboys in Guildford

Meshell Ndegeocello, both nights at Ronnie Scotts last week. Absolutely brilliant.

Sleaford Mods this saturday in Brighton!

Mr cat are you related to that other great early 90's band The Family Cat?

haha... I know of them...well, I used to grab a lot of the posters / flyers from the newcastle riverside back in the late 80s - and I amassed around 50 posters, and more flyers etc... most of the posters were of gigs of that time like sonic yoyth, gaye bykers on acid etc, etc - and one was of family cat... don't think I saw them live tho...

but I managed to sell the posters for 120 quid, but took photos and uploaded them all onto the riverside facebook page... :)

edit - found it :)
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=104229132337&set=o.2562576550&type=3&theater

G2 Definitive Genesis were amazing last night in Peterborough. You know you are in company of real Genesis fans when they (i.e. the band) open with Eleventh Earl of Mar, Dancing With The Moonlit Knight and Can-utility and the Coastliners- note perfect too. They are adding dates over the next few weeks too- 150 minutes performing Genesis songs from 1970-77... what's not to like?

The conductor on the train asked what we were going to, when I replied he said " never heard of him" and " you old uns better watch you don't have a heart attack when you're up dancing about", so I gobbed on him and slashed all the seats in the carriage.

She was surprisingly good, the band were better than in 1979 and there was less violence at the show. Possibly because her brother is no longer around to be her tour manager. He was the one dishing it out.

advertisement

Back