advertisement

UK Election 2015 (part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think FPTP was a good solution back in the day when there were less people, much slower communications and less technology. Constitutional representation for areas was a valuable part as the make up of the country was very different. But in today's world of globalisation, fast comms and technology with people being more specific as to their views, it's showing itself as outdated.

I'm very puzzled at this. Exactly how does the existence of "globalisation, fast comms and technology" affect the desirability of elected MPs to be accountable to their electorates? PR removes accountability, pure and simple.

How can the SNP get 1.45m votes (4.7%) that transforms into 56 seats (8.6% of parliament) whereas UKIP get 3.87m (12.6%) votes, which is over 2.66 times more, yet just get 1 solitary seat (0.15% of parliament)? This is undemocratic surely.

I'm in complete agreement there. See:
http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/showthread.php?t=172856 (but you do need an attention span).

Another positive aspect is that the parties could put their best representatives into parliament as opposed to the ones that happen to be in safe seats.

No! If I elect someone to represent me in the Commons, I don't want some Dominic Grieve-alike shaven-head phukwit deciding someone else is going to do it! Why? Because the bloke I elected can then say 'not me guv', and is not accountable because party machinery got in the way. Granted, there are already a number of ways for this to happen, but let's not enshrine it in the constitution. Bollocks to that -- if I elected someone who doesn't bullsh1t, I don't want him censored for marketing reasons.

Where on earth is it in any Tory manifesto that they want to shut down the NHS? It's precisely this type of left wing alarmist guff that resulted in such a catastrophic result for their MPs.

Strange, as the tories will spend 8bn more on the NHS than labour had planned. The NHS has never been under threat of cuts; that is just labour spin. Tory govts have always increased health spending in real terms.

There is more to it than money.

Show where the tory spending is going, Jo? For example, if you measure tories 'improving' the NHS by how much they spend, how was it Labour had to build all those new hospitals and pay for all that new modern equipment between 1997-2008? Doubt you were exposed to how crap it had all become. Where did all this increased tory spending go from 1979? It certainly didn't 'improve' the NHS, which was on its knees. So this increased spending went somewhere...

Figuring that out is more likely to show support to the NHS.

The NHS will be destroyed through PFI or privatisation which is what the Tories want to see. I'm not against privatisation of certain parts of the NHS (facility management etc) but unfortunately the Tories will want to go the whole hog and privatise everything via a shroud of PFI.

I think we still start seeing a massive expansion of Virgin Care soon along with other private companies being given NHS outsourcing contracts.

I was thinking about this today.

Just what qualities do Tory voters see in Cameron, Osbourne and their insidious sidekicks?

I see a smarmy, two faced Eton flashman Spiv (yes Spiv) that isnt in touch with the precariat reality of life for many people in Britain. I cant see any redeeming qualities whatsoever. Dont even start me on scum like duncan- smith.

By voting Tory you are voting for the the continuation of the precariat economy, a heavily divided society, and a "task rabbit" (look it up) race to the bottom for the working classes.

It can only stem from a **** you ,snide, above it all attitude and that everyone below them financially is not worthy .Id love to know where all the new growth is coming from. Perhaps you can tell the zero hour workers.

The conservatives arent on the side of ordinary working people and when they have shafted everyone at the bottom , they will be coming for the middle classes.

They back big business and every amateur landlord crawling out and ****ing the housing market up

They will continue to put taxpayers money into the hands of private wheeler dealers. Once they have destroyed the safety net and the social care of the NHS, they will keep spinning the line that to be poor is to be lazy and feckless.

I see the workhouses looming and I also see a country where Im getting regularly mugged by people who will never even get a pension.

Where on earth is it in any Tory manifesto that they want to shut down the NHS? It's precisely this type of left wing alarmist guff that resulted in such a catastrophic result for their MPs.

Inference...

1) Only evil nasty people would want to shut the NHS
2) All Tories are nasty and evil
3) My friend Cindy once met a Tory, and they wanted to shut son the NHS (she said)

THEREFORE

The Tories want to shut the NHS - EVEN THOUGH they say they don't.

(Part of that nasty and evil thing means that they could be lying)

I was thinking about this today.

Just what qualities do Tory voters see in Cameron, Osbourne and their insidious sidekicks?
It's a great question. I've been wondering about this for some time now and I've asked a few times.

...I did this time vote for my local Labour MP, Simon Danczuk, though purely because he seems a decent bloke and in recognition of the essential work he is doing in uncovering the institutional pedophilia that appears to have been rife in Westminster...

Odd though it may seem, I can understand that, and would have been similarly tempted. I'm not sure his wife exactly makes his 'essential work' any easier, though (although she does have undeniably terrific knockers).

karen-danczuk-5_3174553k.jpg

There is no difference between the parties whatsoever, when it comes to NHS funding. I really have no idea where this "Tory NHS cuts" guff is coming from. At least they weren't responsible for MMC, which was/is a really damaging overhaul. That was NuLab.

Odd though it may seem, I can understand that, and would have been similarly tempted. I'm not sure his wife exactly makes his 'essential work' any easier, though (although she does have undeniably terrific knockers).

karen-danczuk-5_3174553k.jpg

Isn't she the MP for Oldham?

It can only stem from a **** you ,snide, above it all attitude and that everyone below them financially is not worthy

Or, as someone noted, people voting to **** that lot in the arse on the understanding that the barest whisper of g-string material is protecting my own arse from a ****ing by my betters.

Inference...

1) Only evil nasty people would want to shut the NHS
2) All Tories are nasty and evil
3) My friend Cindy once met a Tory, and they wanted to shut son the NHS (she said)

THEREFORE

The Tories want to shut the NHS - EVEN THOUGH they say they don't.

(Part of that nasty and evil thing means that they could be lying)

Or, you know, the old thing about past behaviour being the best predictor of future behaviour.

Labour invented and started the NHS sell off, the sooner recognised the more constructive the debate will be

300Billion of debt, lets start with that Brown

It's a great question. I've been wondering about this for some time now and I've asked a few times.

Yes can any tory voter tell me about the qualities of tory politicians that they relate to.

Is that who you aspire to be because its deeply deeply worrying. Come on lets hear it! Is it the plummy voice which exudes class and confidence :D Do you just feel your money is safer with the tories and **** everyone else eh!

I never found smarmy, two faced, condescending tory spivs to be attractive qualities in a human being :)

Labour invented and started the NHS sell off, the sooner recognised the more constructive the debate will be

300Billion of debt, lets start with that Brown

You've already been comprehensively and repeatedly proved wrong on that rubbish. Let it go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back