advertisement

UK Election 2015 (part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't make election promises legally binding as only those parties that have a realistic chance of being elected (i.e. only the Tories and Labour in the UK) would need to comply. Fringe parties like the LibDem's etc. could and would say anything they liked as they know there would be no danger of having to try and implement any of them.

Cameron's had his hair done I see. Still not as good as Osborne's Fascist Lesbian Chic cut though.

4e317633-a20f-4d88-9af6-19046b4b737d-2060x1236.jpeg

:D:D

Add the disabled, the sick, the elderly, students and single mothers...

Brian

The Tories have looked after the elderly very well with the annual triple lock increase on their pensions every year. That is one of the reasons why the elderly always take the trouble to vote and very often vote Tory.

The disabled and sick get welfare if they are genuinely sick or disabled and the Students were shat on by Clegg, the Darling of pseudo intellectuals back in 2010 by reneging on his promise to reduce student debt. The single mothers should either keep a packet of condoms in their handbag or chase the father for maintenance, so no sympathy there.

Reduced welfare expenditure is actually a vote winner so you cannot blame the parties for tightening the screw.

Regards

Mick

Brian

The Tories have looked after the elderly very well with the annual triple lock increase on their pensions every year. That is one of the reasons why the elderly always take the trouble to vote and very often vote Tory.

The disabled and sick get welfare if they are genuinely sick or disabled and the Students were shat on by Clegg, the Darling of pseudo intellectuals back in 2010 by reneging on his promise to reduce student debt. The single mothers should either keep a packet of condoms in their handbag or chase the father for maintenance, so no sympathy there.

Reduced welfare expenditure is actually a vote winner so you cannot blame the parties for tightening the screw.

Regards

Mick

I presume by that you mean affluent pensioners rather than all pensioners; and that pensioners on the whole haven't done well under the coalition, they've just done less bad compared to other demographics. In which case you would be correct.

http://www.ifs.org.uk/uploads/publications/bns/BN159.pdf

I assume Cameron is 'flicking the V' in the general direction of the poor in the pic above.
I think he's saying, 'I am a passionate supporter of one of these two football teams, Pancho Villa or Eastham or somesuch. I don't know, does it matter?'

Brian

Regards

Mick
Mick, you seem to be completely ignoring the crisis in social care provision, particularly for the infirm elderly. It's another unmitigated disaster.

The UK needs some sound Communist politicians. They'd sort out the monetary, raving, loony party and we could happily give the finger to the American government.

Jack

Jack

Sorry but you are 100% wrong ...

Manifestos are frankly pointless in this election and the small parties who will hold the balance of power are those most likely to be compromised. In other words, only a fool would believe anyone in 2015.

So all this talk of one party v the other is a total waste of time.

Regards

Mick

Mick,

This is precisely why The Greens, the SNP and Plaid Cymru, are the only relevant parties. They have good policies and will hold the balance of power.

I won't include UKIP, because they are the neo-Nazi wing of the Tories, and I hope the Lib-Dems lose all of their seats.

Jack

Judging by the fact that Jack is 100% wrong all of the time, it looks to be a working majority for the Tories then ;)

Mick, you seem to be completely ignoring the crisis in social care provision, particularly for the infirm elderly. It's another unmitigated disaster.

What you call an mitigated disaster is what I would call a problem, no more and no less.

Cut back somewhere else and put the money into care for the infirm elderly. It's hardly rocket science.

Cameron's had his hair done I see. Still not as good as Osborne's Fascist Lesbian Chic cut though.

4e317633-a20f-4d88-9af6-19046b4b737d-2060x1236.jpeg

Indeed. But what an interesting picture -- with particular regard to the eyebrows, which appear to be self-replicating. Either it's a Photoshop cockup, or (more likely, perhaps) the lizard-concealing one-piece hood has slipped a bit. And his shadow's "on the wrong side, Dr. Van Helsing".

He does, more often than not, appear to favour applying something to his hair. It would be revealing to know how he views himself in this context -- is he, for example a "greaser"? Or a "tonician"? Or perhaps a "lotioneer". Or maybe it's just bacon fat, the better to lubricate a hasty escape.

The general consensus was that Miliband would be the liability going into this election, but it's actually Cameron who really is underperforming badly.

Cut back somewhere else and put the money into care for the infirm elderly. It's hardly rocket science.

Although the "somewhere else" is the hard bit. And what does one do when there isn't anywhere else? And vague answers like "identify more efficiency savings" don't really count as answers.

The UK needs some sound Communist politicians.

We already have plenty of those governing the UK, just not from Parliament. Most of them are in opinion-proof, unaccountable public institutions, quangos, the media, and pressure groups funded by government for the purpose of lobbying government. Sock-puppetry at its finest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back