advertisement

SCALFORD SHOW... 2015

I am going for the first time. I will be in Syndicate Room 22. I will be using this little lot:

Amp: Gato DIA250
Speakers: ART Alnico 8
Digital: Vortexbox feeding Moon MiND 180 renderer
DAC: In the amp
Vinyl: LP12/Keel/Radikal/Urika/Aro/DVXX2 II

+ Big box of weird shit on vinyl to keep the punters on their toes/clear the room in a hurry if my hangover proves too much for me.

I've been thinking about going but may have to be elsewhere so I'm not sure right now.

I am going for the first time this year, my son and I are looking forward to hearing some gear we wouldn,t normally have the chance to experience. I only hope I dont come home depressed about my home set-up !

You may come home wanting to participate next year!

I really want to go but ambling around on a Zimmer frame might be tricky and I'm worried about being knackered and having to drive back, I'll have to see how I am on the day.

It'd be cool to meet a few faces and now I know Clivegrace is going to be there with his P0n3dek I really hope I can make it as that's something I'd like to see.

Just bought 2 tickets.
Getting back into HiFi after a long time without a system.
Never been to Scalford show
Really looking forward to it.
Don't know what to expect but it sounds like great fun.

Just bought 2 tickets.
Getting back into HiFi after a long time without a system.
Never been to Scalford show
Really looking forward to it.

It's brilliant, nothing like a trade show. Full of proper enthusiasts with real systems (and mostly real music too).

You may find yourself buying a new system soon, and realising that you don't have to spend ridiculous money to get a great system.

Looking forward to this. Looks like it will be the year of the stats. Perhaps it will help me sell mine!

Apart from noticing a bunch of stacked 57s etc I found the programme very hard to read online.

It's great. Like nothing else I've ever been too. No one is trying to sell you anything. The widest range of weird and wonderful systems you will ever hear.

The only downside is that, perhaps, it is getting too successful for it's own good. Unless you are there well early, parking is crazy. Latecomers park all along the grass verges of a typical country 'A' road. Surely an accident waiting to happen. And it get really busy after the first hour or so. It can be a squeeze getting in to some of the small bedrooms.

Nonetheless, I wouldn't miss it.

Jim.

Have attended every Scalford and exhibited a fair few times.
To those who have never been, it is totally unique and a million miles from the trade shows - Systems of all faiths, shapes, eras and prices, from bonkers to minimal.

For the first time ever I am just a Sunday visitor and wondering just how early to get there and whereabouts on Scalford road I may get to park.

For the first time ever I am just a Sunday visitor and wondering just how early to get there and whereabouts on Scalford road I may get to park.

Get there as early as you reasonably can. I normally arrive an hour before offical opening time and can park on the verge of the hotel drive. I read my newspaper in the lounge until kick off at 10 a.m. Not sure the organisers would encourage this, though?

I've never had to park on the road as I have always arrived early, but as best I can tell it is a 'free for all'. Folks just park as best they can. The last arrivals are probably a quarter of a mile down the road.

Jim.

This is my biggest concern, I need to park close by as I can only walk short distances on a frame and my chair would be a massive pain.

Shame, I might have to leave it this year.

I'll be in room 209 with a few rare and exotic (and heavy... :() items of Japcrap on demo.

Do pop in and say hello!

Adam

I am in room 207 , SO KEEP THE NOISE DOWN :D

Don't want my sounds disrupted :p;)

Will PM my number in case you need a lift with any equipment , I will be arriving around midday

This is my biggest concern, I need to park close by as I can only walk short distances on a frame and my chair would be a massive pain.

Shame, I might have to leave it this year.

You will definitely need someone to drop you off at the door its a very long driveway. Ring the hotel and ask if they have a disabled parking space.

advertisement

Back