advertisement

UK Election 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rasher

Quadrophenia land
As an aside from the specific TV debate subject, I thought we were close enough to have a thread generally about the election.

I am very surprised that with only two months to go almost to the day, very little has happened generally in terms of the campaigns hotting up. Over the next week or two something is certain to ignite this.

I wonder where the country stands right now, especially as the UKIP vote seems to have had it's day. My views have been fine tuned over the past weeks and as I think more seriously about which way I want to vote, any ideas of voting LibDem are fast evaporating.

Don't know where the Greens are now, don't know what the UKIP support is now, don't know if the LibDems even will survive after this.

Well that didn't take long.

I will vote for what is best for my wife and two daughters taking into account tuition fees, pensions and fitness to run the economy among others. Immigration, EU or NHS not big on my radar.

And do you know what? YOU have a vote. Use it. I don't care who you vote for, use it.

Or don't whine.

I will vote for what is best for my wife and two daughters taking into account tuition fees, pensions and fitness to run the economy among others. Immigration, EU or NHS not big on my radar.

Well, that's just it. I was thinking what was best for me and my wife and family, and then realised that I have it more than okay at the expense of those that really are not living an okay life here in the south east, and think I have to vote more for the greater good.

Well, that's just it. I was thinking what was best for me and my wife and family, and then realised that I have it more than okay at the expense of those that really are not living an okay life here in the south east, and think I have to vote more for the greater good.

It's a balance isn't it. We look home first and if that is good then we consider the wider good second. At least most do.

Non issues nationally in my opinion are student tuition fees and pension reform.

The real student issue is maintenance costs and how little they can borrow to cover them.
As far as pension reform goes, it's another Tory attempt to buy votes with a sting in its tail.
How many on here know that only 20% of companies have any intention of letting people have their money? There is no legal obligation on them to. They can require you to move your pot to a company that will let you

The NHS is "not on my radar" currently either but I will happily pay more tax for it to be improved for those in greater need.

+1

It's a balance isn't it. We look home first and if that is good then we consider the wider good second. At least most do.
We'll find out whether most do after the election.

If the majority put themselves ahead of all else we end up with govt 'x', if people vote for what is best for the country in general, we end up with something different.

It's a democracy, so each to their own and the result is what it is.

Well that didn't take long.

And do you know what? YOU have a vote. Use it. I don't care who you vote for, use it.

Or don't whine.

That's the problem.... "I'm alright Jack".... and probably the main reason anyone votes for the Tory scum. I guess Tories appeal to those who are comfortably well off and want to maintain their ivory tower, even at the expense of those who may be starving and shivering... "let them suffer, so long as I get my 3rd car next year and it doesn't effect my month in St Moritz or little Chardonnays second pony" is an attitude I despise beyond words.

I vote at every election but it is a wasted vote as no matter who I vote for, the area I am in is a Tory stronghold.

The Voting system needs reform.

That's the problem.... "I'm alright Jack".... and probably the main reason anyone votes for the Tory scum. I guess Tories appeal to those who are comfortably well off and want to maintain their ivory tower, even at the expense of those who may be starving and shivering... "let them suffer, so long as I get my 3rd car next year and it doesn't effect my month in St Moritz or little Chardonnays second pony" is an attitude I despise beyond words.

Well Arkless,

I know nothing about you.

Why do you think I vote Tory Scum if I place tuition fees, pensions and fitness to run the economy as my main concerns. Are you saying other parties do not fit the profile I wish for?

YOU might be alright Jack.

I am unemployed. For the moment. Temporarily getting over a few health issues. My main concern is putting food on the table for my family and ensuring my wife and daughters have a great future.

Nothing but highest praise for the NHS. Knocked down on a zebra last year. Ambulance within minutes. Post care NHS superb - trauma, physio etc... took a few months but getting there. No I don't have private medical insurance.

Vote well.

Vote as YOU want to.

Vote with your heart.

And that is all we should do.

Given that Osborne shrank the economy by at least 4% of GDP which is in pure money terms just about the biggest mistake any chancellor has ever made that would seem to indicate a Labour vote.

Well Arkless,

I know nothing about you.

Why do you think I vote Tory Scum if I place tuition fees, pensions and fitness to run the economy as my main concerns. Are you saying other parties do not fit the profile I wish for?

YOU might be alright Jack.

I am unemployed. For the moment. Temporarily getting over a few health issues. My main concern is putting food on the table for my family and ensuring my wife and daughters have a great future.

Nothing but highest praise for the NHS. Knocked down on a zebra last year. Ambulance within minutes. Post care NHS superb - trauma, physio etc... took a few months but getting there. No I don't have private medical insurance.

Vote well.

Vote as YOU want to.

Vote with your heart.

And that is all we should do.

It was now't personal.... you are forgiven :D

Do make sure you wear an approved safety helmet when out riding your zebra BTW :)

Can't believe folks would even consider voting for Labour after the last mess they left this country in. Amazing how fast people forget their last innings.

Can't believe folks would even consider voting for Labour after the last mess they left this country in. Amazing how fast people forget their last innings.

After having endured the last five years I'd vote for Paul Daniels rather than Dodgy Dave and his corrupt cronies. :rolleyes:

Can't believe folks think a global recession caused by private sector banks is down to the Labour govt in the UK. Amazing how people support increased food banks, attacking the elderly, the less well-off, the disabled and the young.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back