advertisement

System Pics 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
xeXtoR.jpg

Baby or medium grand?

My nice little midi system
IMG_4598_zps1c57a1c2.jpg

LP12, Ittok, Klyde, Lingo 3. Meridian 101B/103D, 104 tuner. Meridian 506 CD player, Benchmark DAC2 (not visible in picture). ART Neo 8s.

My nice little midi system
IMG_4598_zps1c57a1c2.jpg

LP12, Ittok, Klyde, Lingo 3. Meridian 101B/103D, 104 tuner. Meridian 506 CD player, Benchmark DAC2 (not visible in picture). ART Neo 8s.

That's a lovely classic set up.

I love the room your speakers are located in. Is it the same room as the main pic with the LP12 and amps/CD player? Gorgeous period room. Looks very original and unspoiled. The kind of house I miss here in Australia! :)

Hi Scott, come and visit if you are ever in 'Auld Reekie'. Its a nice room, but a pain acoustically as its huge and has very bouncy suspended floorboards. That's why the LP12 is on a wall mount.

It's been a while since I posted a photo. The Burmester equipment is difficult to photograph being very mirror like. Speakers are in the adjacent Lounge with 8m cables run under the floor. Maximizes the WAF.

System1_zps9705485e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

System2_zpsd99def30.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Shindo early Giscours/Cortese 300B, Burmester 915 tuner, Burmester 052 CD/DAC, Auditorium 23 Roiene speakers, Belden 9497 speaker cable

Very nice.

dadgad
Lovely looking speakers there!

They look somehow related to these:
ARTAlnico83Right_zps8308aa7d.jpg

Same colour too, I think!

Hi Foot Tapper. Yes those look like ART Neo 8.3s? I like those and also the more pricy Alnico range, but the Neo 8's just work well in my room. I have a large suspended floor (25 x 16), and most large speakers just sent all the bass through the floor into the room below. Or they boomed horribly. The Neo 8s are the first speakers that work in the room, that equal/better the Linn Kan Mk1s in mid range articulation, and give satisfying bass and treble extension. Meanwhile the Kans have gone to be really good TV speakers!

Ah, I had many of the same issues as you when trying to replace my Proac Tablette 2000 Signatures.

All the big 3 ways, apart from Wilson Sophias, boomed like boomy things in our living room.

These are Art Alnico 8.3 Signatures, though strangely they don't exist according to the website! I explained to Derek that I was looking for a speaker that portrayed the musical essence of the human voice, acoustic guitars, the saxophone and violins, without tub thumping bass (due to room boom issues) or an artificially emphasised top end. These were the ones that he recommended and they worked a treat when I tried them. So I ordered this pair and love them.

Happy days, FT

Ah, I had many of the same issues as you when trying to replace my Proac Tablette 2000 Signatures.

All the big 3 ways, apart from Wilson Sophias, boomed like boomy things in our living room.

These are Art Alnico 8.3 Signatures, though strangely they don't exist according to the website! I explained to Derek that I was looking for a speaker that portrayed the musical essence of the human voice, acoustic guitars, the saxophone and violins, without tub thumping bass (due to room boom issues) or an artificially emphasised top end. These were the ones that he recommended and they worked a treat when I tried them. So I ordered this pair and love them.

Happy days, FT

Interesting - I think we must have quite similar tastes in speakers. I really liked the Wilson Sophias when I heard them in a couple of shops (in New York and London). However, a) they are a terrifying price in the UK, and b) there is no dealer north of Oxford, so I couldn't do the essential 'try them at home' bit.

What do you like to listen to? I've found the ART's have really expanded my taste in music into all sorts of areas, and I'm really 'getting' some CD's that languished unplayed in the bottom of my collection.

Derek's business model is more like that of a custom musical instrument maker, than a typical 'here's our range, which one do you want to buy?'. Really helpful as well.

Hi Foot Tapper. Yes those look like ART Neo 8.3s? I like those and also the more pricy Alnico range, but the Neo 8's just work well in my room. I have a large suspended floor (25 x 16), and most large speakers just sent all the bass through the floor into the room below. Or they boomed horribly. The Neo 8s are the first speakers that work in the room, that equal/better the Linn Kan Mk1s in mid range articulation, and give satisfying bass and treble extension. Meanwhile the Kans have gone to be really good TV speakers!

Have you tried solid granite plinths placed under each speaker?

I used to have a room that was 21 x 32 ft with 14ft high ceilings and I had exactly the same problem until I placed a plinth under each speaker.

It was the simplest upgrade I ever made. Everything tightened up and the bass stopped disappearing through the suspended wooden floor!

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back