advertisement

System pics 2014 part II

What od you think of the Blue Point? I have the same cartridge,

IMG_3106.jpg

Thought i would try another HO mc again.
Last one i had was a 10x5 over 30 years ago[/QUOTE]

Very good.
Slightly brighter than the koetsu but not harsh, I can easily see me using it a lot.

Agreed. It almost has, Dare I say, A CD sound to it. Saying that it doesn't have the harshness of CD so I can play much louder. It Tracks really well in my ClearAudio Unify arm. I don't play much vinyl anymore but I go to car boot sales and buy the odd record, clean it up and then sit back and enjoy :)
Very good.
Slightly brighter than the koetsu but not harsh, I can could easily see me using it a lot.

Very good.
Slightly brighter than the koetsu but not harsh, I can easily see me using it a lot.

Am a bit bemused here. Are you comparing a h.o. Kiseki with a Koetsu?

Kiseki has been recommended by Mark of this parish, but I thought they were all l.o. cart's and I think they share some history with Koetsu. All Koetsus are low output, although the Black, Red T and Red K Sig. have much higher outputs at 0.6 mV (but still l.o.).

Am a bit bemused here. Are you comparing a h.o. Kiseki with a Koetsu?

Kiseki has been recommended by Mark of this parish, but I thought they were all l.o. cart's and I think they share some history with Koetsu. All Koetsus are low output, although the Black, Red T and Red K Sig. have much higher outputs at 0.6 mV (but still l.o.).

Blue Point No.2 (which is what Mark has above) is a Sumiko. :)

Here is my little setup (sorry for the poor quality pics, was late at night!)
Cambridge Audio DacMagic, Naim 72, hicap, 180 powering Kudos Super 20s

nPOk3J.jpg

b1bv8M.jpg

Room not yet finished, thus no curtains or blinds and looking a bit sparse!

nap90,
What is that rainbow coloured something that appears to be resting atop of you swish colour coordinated work top / surface? I was thinking it might be a section of some exotic fan less cpu cooler coloured and transformed into a work of art or not:)

Wow, that's the most beautiful picture of any Sonneteer product I've seen so far, Gromit! :)
(Haider should hire you to take future promo-pics of their products)

I love the clean lines, the symmetry, the sober brushed aluminum fascia, the massive knobs, the build-to-last-a-lifetime feel.
(apart from the wonderful sound it produces)

The only product currently still missing is a DAC imho.
They once had one (Sonneteer Dryden) which was more or less the DAC of the Byron CD-player, but it was/is as rare as hen's teeth.

Thanks Alco - was just having a brief play around with a new lens this afternoon. :)

I'd agree re the Campion's quality feel - it's so simple, uncluttered and feels like it'll last a lifetime. Since you mentioned the Dryden a while back I've done some searching the www but can find very, very little info about it.

d09c590f6ea2d3f2c917cfe484496d0b.jpg

176897646131fa5470b3440a627a2043.jpg

85332f295824ed5a63e9878617561f64.jpg

My system, please excuse the poor quality photos, done with iphone and tapatalk. And I really need to do something about the cables.... Far too many cables :(

Would love to get a dedicated listening room and declutter a bit, but this is as good as it gets. Sounds extremely good though and more room than it looks like in the pics.

advertisement

Back