advertisement

The Ongoing UKIP PR Disaster thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony L

Administrator
About time we had a thread for such things given their alarming regularity...

Today: Kerry Smith (link). Watching the cringingly slippery yet non too articulate apology-droid Patrick O'Flynn being demolished by Andrew Neil on the Sunday Politics just now was most amusing. Worth catching on iPlayer if you missed it, it's the first item on the show.

Next!

Kerry Smith might've come out with a racist, homophobic rant where he slates his own leadership but fair's fair, he was on drugs.

This needs changing to The Ongoing UK Political Disaster Thread, UKIP garner knee jerk ridicule form Guardian readers for two reasons, they tell it like it is and L and R politics have trashed the UK. Drugs, stupid statements, lying, hypocrisy, back handers, self interest, expenses, home swapping, and even paedo and the Royals deserve more sh1t throwing at the mainstream IMO of course

This needs changing to The Ongoing UK Political Disaster Thread, UKIP garner knee jerk ridicule form Guardian readers for two reasons, they tell it like it is and L and R politics have trashed the UK. Drugs, stupid statements, lying, hypocrisy, back handers, self interest, expenses, home swapping, and even paedo and the Royals deserve more sh1t throwing at the mainstream IMO of course
Do we really need a bunch of (it would seem) racist, homophobic fvckwits who sit even further to the Right to sort out the UK? :)

given we don't have L and R in the main two parties and given the Ukips don't really "tell it like it is" and given I don't trust your definition of Graun readers, I disagree.

Today: Kerry Smith (link). Watching the cringingly slippery yet non too articulate apology-droid Patrick O'Flynn being demolished by Andrew Neil on the Sunday Politics just now was most amusing. Worth catching on iPlayer if you missed it, it's the first item on the show.

Next!

Can I just check - is Press phone hacking OK or a bad thing now?

Can I just check - is Press phone hacking OK or a bad thing now?

It all depends if it's funny or not.

PS The Daily Mail article is hilarious, make sure to read down far enough for coverage of the 'Rate The Immigrant' game and the chance to win cash prizes or a UKIP umbrella.

Although France is a traditionally left-oriented country (at least since the Marchais/Mitterrand days), the Marine-run Front National is on the verge of becoming a widely accepted political power. UKIP's programme/orientation looks fairly similar to me, and while Nigel Farage doesn't look to me like a very enlightened human being, he does have some talent in politics. That's why I predict them some success for the next ten years, and the blunders of a few backbenchers will certainly not be the kiss of death for UKIP. This is wishful thinking.

Phone hacking and recording a telephone conversation are two very different things.
Not really. I think both are covered by RIPA and are illegal. Or rather releasing a recording of a phone conversation made without consent is illegal.

In this case there is no question that the Mail actually made the recording, so they are in the clear as they have performed a public service...

Paul

Same result though - a breach of privacy by the Press

I don't think you have any entitlement to privacy if you are in a public position and the matter relates to you doing or saying something you shouldn't be .. wrt that public position.

It's called 'public interest' I believe.

Martin

Get your head out of the sand, man. Yes, you hate Labour and that's fair enough but get your reasons sorted out. They aren't left wing and haven't been for years. They are very much like the tories of the 90's, which is closer to explaining the real reason for your dislike.

Can I just point out that when I took some hefty amounts of tramadol a couple of years back I didn't turn into a racist?

wrardl.jpg

(lifted from the ever-wonderful Trumpton UKIP Facebook page)

PS Kerry Smith has quit as a UKIP candidate (BBC News). Next!

But overall

UKIP MEP Steven Woolfe rejected suggestions that Mr Smith's exit and other recent controversies involving Mr Hamilton and the party's general secretary Roger Bird showed UKIP was in turmoil, saying it had dealt with problems "really rapidly".
:D:D:D:D

UKIP's Suzanne Evans is on Daily Politics today. In a complete u-turn from Patrick O'Flynn ridiculous apology/prescription meds deflection yesterday she turned on Kerry Smith quite aggressively IMO. When challenged by Jo Coburn on this obvious flip-flop she attempted to deflect the discussion over to Westminster paedogeddon, which was sadly and rather predictably not taken further by Jo. I do hope UKIP start to use paedogeddon when in their all too familiar cornered-rat mode, it may make for a even more interesting 2015 election...

The being on meds thing isn't much of an argument anyway. All the drugs might have done is loosen his tongue so that he said what he thought.

Next!

Funny how a fat bastard with a girl's name turned out like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back