advertisement

MDAC First Listen (part 00100001)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a qucik look (before we had a min flood here due to a summer storm) and the Clock is indeed down.

Worked when I first powered it up - I though oh dear here we go... but then stopped.

I'll spend some time this evening to diagnose the root problem - I'm not sure its the Crystal as the PCB as alot of unmelted SMD solder paste around the clock circuit...

Thankfully MDAC2 has a totally new clock design.

If it's too much work it might be best to let this one go. I don't want to waste your precious time.

Maybe you can use the unit for upcoming MDAC2 tests. If so, just keep it until MDAC2 is finished. I can manage with the other two.

We have the last handful of slots :)

John,

Apologies for joining the party late, I would very much like to take advantage of one of these last remaining slots if at all possible but don't have an existing MDAC. Do you have any more silver recommissioned units available at this late stage? If so I'll go ahead and credit the Paypal account with the £300 now.

Best wishes

Neil

Had a qucik look (before we had a min flood here due to a summer storm) and the Clock is indeed down.

Worked when I first powered it up - I though oh dear here we go... but then stopped.

I'll spend some time this evening to diagnose the root problem - I'm not sure its the Crystal as the PCB as alot of unmelted SMD solder paste around the clock circuit...

Thankfully MDAC2 has a totally new clock design.
Hi John,
I live in Poland. Since I have M-DAC. Tell me, what is the correct value "Raw Digital
Supply" ? My M-DAC has 16.4 V. Is it good or not ? Firmware A.10
Best regards of Polish

John,

Apologies for joining the party late, I would very much like to take advantage of one of these last remaining slots if at all possible but don't have an existing MDAC. Do you have any more silver recommissioned units available at this late stage? If so I'll go ahead and credit the Paypal account with the £300 now.

Best wishes

Neil

Neil,

Sorry for the late reply, I can source salvaged units for GBP350 if you have no luck sourcing a unit locally. My issue with the salvaged units is lack of secure space to store them and the extra risk involved for me if something should happen to them!

However, as I said if you have no luck then I can source a unit for you :)

We would be happy to welcome you aboard the MDAC2 project :)

If it's too much work it might be best to let this one go. I don't want to waste your precious time.

Maybe you can use the unit for upcoming MDAC2 tests. If so, just keep it until MDAC2 is finished. I can manage with the other two.

Michael,

Cleaned your MDAC PCB with flux foam remover and brushed away the excess solder past, which restored the clock operation, the units been on for the past few hours... I'm going to replace the Crystal just to be on the safe side.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/86116171/Fusions PCB Clean.JPG

Renata can ship your unit tomorrow :)

Ps. I also made small quick modification - let me know if you notice any difference in Sound quality.

Neil,

I'll arrange a silver unit for you tomorrow - if its confirmed, then Renata will Email you with a PayPal invoice - I don't expect any problems as I had a discussions last week about sourcing a few more units.

Wow just burning in a pair of Sennheiser hd800 headphones on the end of a fusioned MDAC. So beautifully balanced ...and so much cheaper than a pair of Martin Logan Summits.
Maybe with the MDAC2 and the new listening room I,ll consider spending that amount. Just need to find a house with a cellar to hide away from the noisy budgie and kids.

I'll go xlr proper when the Mdac2 appears :)
I might just get the existing cable re terminated if it's possible rather than spending £250 on the ch800's sennheiser xlr cable.

Michael,

Cleaned your MDAC PCB with flux foam remover and brushed away the excess solder past, which restored the clock operation, the units been on for the past few hours... I'm going to replace the Crystal just to be on the safe side.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/86116171/Fusions PCB Clean.JPG

Renata can ship your unit tomorrow :)

Ps. I also made small quick modification - let me know if you notice any difference in Sound quality.

Bubble bath for my MDAC :p

Thank very much, John!

Modifications? Oh dear.. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back