advertisement

Birds of a feather

'Sitting through' is the important bit. Give a programme ten minutes or so; if the first ten minutes are crap it's highly unlikely that the rest of the programme will be Bafta material.

10 minutes!

You just have to hear the first character speak in Estuary English and it's off with the power button.

I am at a loss to understand how you old gents are aware that BOAF is actually on when at the same time the man who portrays your younger selves , Sheldon Cooper is reminding you of your youth on E4 in the Big Bang Theory .:p

I am at a loss to understand how you old gents are aware that BOAF is actually on when at the same time the man who portrays your younger selves , Sheldon Cooper is reminding you of your youth on E4 in the Big Bang Theory .:p

Tigerjones isn't an old gent; he's probably younger than you. I don't own a TV, so I only get to know about programmes via pfm threads.

Now I'm on the edge. Toasting is as personal and compelling as life gets imo.
The Toasting Channel: there's a £million TV idea right there!

I do toast, John, fear not. It's just I'm a traditionalist and use the grill. I like to see what's going on and find it hard to achieve the right level of even toastadness with a toaster.

Havent been near it :) There are some things you absolutely must avoid.

"Ive got 13 (60?) channels of shit on the TV to choose from"

It's this kind of dynamic thinking that makes me think about dumping my TV license soon and just watching Netflix and Lovefilm on the Xbox.

p.s. i trust/hope it's the middle one causing you trouble:

Birds-532_1479046a.jpg

Yes the middle one. Her hair was much better last night as it showed in full effect her forehead which was good enough to hold 'Dancing on ice' on.

I think you still need a licence to view any type of internet service such as netflix or lovefilm .

Don't think so, I think its still for 'Live' broadcast TV not recorded streaming material. However, as the TV licensing folks have zero legal right to enter your home etc. it's a toothless exercise.

http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/check-if-you-need-one/

"You need to be covered by a valid TV Licence if you watch or record TV as it's being broadcast. This includes the use of devices such as a computer, laptop, mobile phone or DVD/video recorder."

"You need to be covered by a licence if you watch TV online at the same time as it's being broadcast on conventional TV in the UK or the Channel Islands. "

So both services are excluded for now.

We rarely watch any live TV now and especially BBC so for us its not value for money anymore. And no we don't watch Dr Who or Wimbledon either.

I'm sorry but all three look like PFM audio room regulars in chemotherapy wigs....prior to a punch up over cable management.

I'm sorry but all three look like PFM audio room regulars in chemotherapy wigs....prior to a punch up over cable management.

Cable Management? This is where I think I've been going wrong. Will you be my Cable Management Guru please, Dec? I presume you studied under Steven Toy?

p.s. i trust/hope it's the middle one causing you trouble:

Birds-532_1479046a.jpg

The one in the middle has a cubic zirconium knuckle duster. If you want to avoid a couple of close ups in quick succession then just stay out of the objectivist/subjectivist threads.

advertisement

Back