advertisement

System pics 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bemused

What's this all about then?
I now have to share my "man cave" with her bloody piano, what is the world coming too :D

IMG_2416_zps9c58b303.jpg

I now have to share my "man cave" with here bloody piano, what is the world coming to

Those units below the keyboard are going to get kicked to **** ....

Unless your OH plays everything in the high register, and doesn't use her left hand.

Those units below the keyboard are going to get kicked to **** ....

Unless your OH plays everything in the high register, and doesn't use her left hand.

Yes it is not ideal, she does manage to play around them and they are only AV bits and pieces at the end of the day. I need to look at relocating them but its a small room and under the the piano was the easiest starter option.
The main rig amps are unaffected and the speaker placement stayed at optimum so its not all bad.

Toto - lovely Yamaha bits. :) How do you find the A-S1000? I had considered one a while back.

My rig as it was last year (for now)...

To To man, I love that receiver it uber cool looking.
The speakers are Cheviots? I enjoyed the loan of a pair recently and they also ended flat against the wall but sitting on 9" concrete blocks :D
What are the small speaker looking objects on top of the Cheviots

Toto - lovely Yamaha bits. :) How do you find the A-S1000? I had considered one a while back.

Thanks :). I like the Yamaha A-S1000 a lot. Very smooth yet impressively detailed and transparent. Can't fault it really. Plus I'm ecstatic to finally have an amp with remote control volume! :D

To To man, I love that receiver it uber cool looking.
The speakers are Cheviots? I enjoyed the loan of a pair recently and they also ended flat against the wall but sitting on 9" concrete blocks :D
What are the small speaker looking objects on top of the Cheviots

Thanks :). My Yamaha CR-1000 is my pride and joy, - the mainstay of my setup since I acquired it in 2005. The big speakers are Tannoy Monitor Gold 15" DCs in Lancaster cabinets, the little ones are Tannoy Autograph Minis.

ToTo Man; Can you share what you've got in there as far as acoustic treatments go? (Particularly the corner traps).

I'm not usually a one for posting system pics, and this is not a good pic.

This time though I wanted to. Those who know me will be aware that an awful lot of good audio equipment has passed through this room over the past decade. For my particular needs however, this setup is the best and most enjoyable I have heard, and amongst the three best I have enjoyed anywhere when it comes to fulfilling my requirements.

My needs are simple. I rarely if ever listen at levels exceeding 90db at the listening position. I often listen at below 70db so it's important that the system maintains it's balance and detail at low levels. I listen to all sorts of music from chamber music to dub and jungle. The system must therefore be full range.

All of the constituent parts play their role. The Berning pre and power are remarkable to my ears - undoubtedly adding something but that something adds to all forms of music. The Focals were a complete surprise. I expected to hate the things which I took as part of a deal. Instead I find them remarkable and so engaging. The Linn 5150 plays an important role in adding completely seamless foundation - undoubtedly the best bargain in subs I have come across and the easiest to integrate with the valve amplifiers.

Finally the sources are well matched. The system allows for real enjoyment from both digital and analogue sources which is how it should be. I don't go in for much in the way of tweaks and setup these days save for very careful positioning of the loudspeakers and listening position. All in all, very happy. I might buy some big vintage JBL's for the occasional nostalgia trip down Blue Note alley but apart from that, I really could not better this given my requirements and my past experience.

I'm not usually a one for posting system pics, and this is not a good pic.

This time though I wanted to. Those who know me will be aware that an awful lot of good audio equipment has passed through this room over the past decade. For my particular needs however, this setup is the best and most enjoyable I have heard, and amongst the three best I have enjoyed anywhere when it comes to fulfilling my requirements.

My needs are simple. I rarely if ever listen at levels exceeding 90db at the listening position. I often listen at below 70db so it's important that the system maintains it's balance and detail at low levels. I listen to all sorts of music from chamber music to dub and jungle. The system must therefore be full range.

All of the constituent parts play their role. The Berning pre and power are remarkable to my ears - undoubtedly adding something but that something adds to all forms of music. The Focals were a complete surprise. I expected to hate the things which I took as part of a deal. Instead I find them remarkable and so engaging. The Linn 5150 plays an important role in adding completely seamless foundation - undoubtedly the best bargain in subs I have come across and the easiest to integrate with the valve amplifiers.

Finally the sources are well matched. The system allows for real enjoyment from both digital and analogue sources which is how it should be. I don't go in for much in the way of tweaks and setup these days save for very careful positioning of the loudspeakers and listening position. All in all, very happy. I might buy some big vintage JBL's for the occasional nostalgia trip down Blue Note alley but apart from that, I really could not better this given my requirements and my past experience.

Lovely setup. Are you running an LP12 and an SME?

Thank you HTM and yes I am. One of these days I'll wire up a little mixer between them :)

Thanks :). I like the Yamaha A-S1000 a lot. Very smooth yet impressively detailed and transparent. Can't fault it really. Plus I'm ecstatic to finally have an amp with remote control volume! :D

Excellent! The Yamaha - from your description - sounds as though it would be similar to my Sony 770ES. A big, meaty presentation which is very, very listenable and favouring no one particular style of music.

Yes - isn't r/c great!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back