advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2013 Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two from me :)

DSC_0020.jpg

DSC_0047.jpg

And here's one more from today - taken this shot lots of times! Today with my Mamiya ZD, and an 80/2.8. Whenever I shoot with this camera, i wonder why I don't take it out more often...

MMFC1778 by Cesare Ferrari, on Flickr

yeah, it's a great shot Cesare, and that is a wonderful camera and lens. The only reason not to use it all the time is the size / weight. Maybe what you need is a Leica M Type 240 ;-)

yeah, it's a great shot Cesare, and that is a wonderful camera and lens. The only reason not to use it all the time is the size / weight. Maybe what you need is a Leica M Type 240 ;-)

Yes, I thought that, medium format cameras are big heavy and expensive things!

Yes, I thought that, medium format cameras are big heavy and expensive things!

Well, my mamiya is lighter than my canon DSLR, not smaller, just lighter ;-)

The best bit about the system is that since it has a focal plane shutter, you can stick all sorts of medium format lenses on the front, so I can use hasselblad lenses, mamiya 645 manual focus etc with little trouble. Mamiya 645 manual focus lenses are dirt cheap, so 50-100 quid gets you a large selection of reasonably fast, very good quality lenses.

The only real downside is actually that the sensor isn't sensitive, it's base ISO is 25, and it really only does to ISO 200...

Well, my mamiya is lighter than my canon DSLR, not smaller, just lighter ;-)

The best bit about the system is that since it has a focal plane shutter, you can stick all sorts of medium format lenses on the front, so I can use hasselblad lenses, mamiya 645 manual focus etc with little trouble. Mamiya 645 manual focus lenses are dirt cheap, so 50-100 quid gets you a large selection of reasonably fast, very good quality lenses.

The only real downside is actually that the sensor isn't sensitive, it's base ISO is 25, and it really only does to ISO 200...

I was under the impression that all things medium format cost a fortune. I'm relatively new to photography and my only experience with medium format is playing with a mates hasselblad in his studio a couple of times, I certainly couldn't carry that around for the kind of stuff I do.

I have a lowly Nikon D50 and a D5200, to my dissapontment the D5200 doesn't have an AF motor so it isn't fully compatible with all my lenses so a D7100 is on the cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back