advertisement

New product on the way from NAIM

htm_1968

pfm Member
Vertical Form.....even more tedious than the Linn teasers for Exact. Teaser available on the Naim hompage. Looks like a massive power amp given the heat sinks.....

Yes, I'm guessing that too, perhaps a nap1000 ?

It will be silly money I'm sure, interesting though, are they wedded Ti focal now ? I wasnt that impressed with the huge ones at the frustrating HFN show earlier thus year.

The rivalry between Linn and Naim a bit like Marks & Spencer vs Waitrose: boring, middle of the road and overpriced. There's a much bigger and more interesting world of audio equipment out there . . .

The rivalry between Linn and Naim a bit like Marks & Spencer vs Waitrose: boring, middle of the road and overpriced. There's a much bigger and more interesting world of audio equipment out there . . .

Would you say this if they were part of your product portfolio? Anyway, clearly you are a Lidl man, so carry on!

Would you say this if they were part of your product portfolio? Anyway, clearly you are a Lidl man, so carry on!

You have the cart before the horse: if I liked the products, we would deal them - and then of course I would 'publicly like' them even more. I've no vested interest in Linn/Naim so I speak freely, as I find. You may take with a pinch of salt anything I say about what we like enough to represent.

To be fair, the resale value of those brands is above average, so when folks find something better, they don't have trouble selling Linn/Naim on eBay. Every cloud has a silver lining!

Don't you think they've become seriously overpriced in the last decade, though? Status cymbals?

They are the new statement amps, very expensive and at the top of the Naim game.

I've said too much already.

From a post a few days ago, I gather that Teddy Pardo is the way forward in this regard....

Don't you think they've become seriously overpriced in the last decade, though? Status cymbals?

No - well I can't speak for Linn but Naim range of products from £1K through to £20K. Serve virtually all price levels, excellent reliability and as you say great S/H value. And many out there more expensive Kondo, Shanling, AN.......

I think this will be the first product of another range above the 500, starting with a power amp. There is a chase for the Eastern European money and statements nowadays. If I recall in 1986, the vintage of one pair of my 135's, they were £800 each do the maths and RPI suggests nearer £4k now, not sure how far beyond £6k the 300's are now but pricing is ahead of where it could be given material costs over the years.

I have no intention of buying, and if I did it would go on brands other than naim, but nice to see product investment in our small industry from the bigger Brits

advertisement

Back