advertisement

Ortofon's MC Anna and 12" arms

Mis-tracking and tracking error are not the same thing

I suspected your "test" revolved around this and that its worth was approximately zero

You don't even listen and then disregard the rest. Surely that's a step worse?

Jek, I am really bored with this. It is really very tedious.

Ten years ago, you trawled around some hi-fi shops listening to high-end turntables. How much forum mileage have you had from these dimly-remembered demos?

I look forward to reading about the differences you hear in going from the Model 20 to Model 30. Are you keeping the same V or has that gone with the 20?

Yes, just swapping decks. This evening.

I'm not really looking forward to posting anything about it, because of the reaction it will get from merlin and Jek. It's wearing/boring after a while, and was correctly predicted by me in an off-forum email to Joe Petrik about four weeks ago.

Did your 20 have the later psu? I gather that was a surprising improvement and will be something a new 30 has.

What are you expecting of it? More at either end? More oomph? stability? delicacy? something else?

My 20 is six years old, and has what was then the "new" PSU. I gather SME have quite recently updated the PSU again.

I really don't know quite what to expect. A recent forum visitor told me he thought I was insane to change the 20. He might well be right. We'll see.

Yorke gets grumpy because people keep using his decks with non yorke arms ;) My friend found him very reasonable about his S8 and very interesting.

When i had dealings with him it was concerning one of his arms on one of his decks. He was nearly as obnoxious as a certain Brank..... Oh, perhaps i won't bring him into it.

Simon exhibits at the DeLuxe show, held for the last few years at the Marriott, runs during the Munich HiEnd ,he usually brings a couple to tables the aero arm was being used two years ago.
Keith.

FWIW the reason I didn't go for the s7 was because of the arm. It wasn't up to the same standard of performance as the deck and seemed very fussy about exactly the right cartridge. the aeroarm may change things around

advertisement

Back