advertisement

Upcoming concerts...

Looks interesting - any idea what the Orbit show is? Not sure if it's a talk or a live set or whatevs. I'd be interested in hearing him talk production.

The Orbit's a live show, according to this listing (bottom of the page).

eta - just seen on his twitter stream that it's a live show, talk, and Q&A session.

For former engineering students of the 70's and 80's, Al Stewart is reprising some of his "Year of the Cat" line-up to do a run-through of that album at the Royal Albert this Tuesday. I'll be there!

Depeche mode in leeds november can't remember dates and mate has the tickets.
Its in the new leeds arena , will be an interesting evening.

I have been working at the Leeds arena and its an awesome space. Acoustically a revolution for large venues. I saw Leonard Cohen and It was as if we were in a 500 seat auditorium.

It's got a great future!

Steven Wilson this Friday at Newcastle. Apparently airing a whack load off his next album. Could be interesting.
Mott the Hoople next month. Not holding my breath but one just has to go to these things, don't you?

I only have two remaining gigs arranged for this year now. Emily Barker in Hastings, and Kurt Vile in Brighton. I'm sure I'll find some in-betweens. Fortunately my daughter is becoming my gig partner and she keeps her ear out for stuff, and we do have similar tastes in around 30-45% of stuff.

Im hoping seeing this in black and white will help me come to terms with it .

I was to see Peter Gabriel a week today at the 02 in a box . Poorly partner and imminent birth of child mean I can not go :mad:

Anybody want to adopt a not yet born baby boy ;)

Im contemplating Eric Bibb on the 24th October at The Robin 2, Bilston West Midlands, got all his albums but still aint seen him live yet, hes supposed to be very good.

Ive also got The Madness weekend booked for Novemebr at Butlins Minehead, went last year and had a fantastic weekend

Ive also got The Madness weekend booked for Novemebr at Butlins Minehead, went last year and had a fantastic weekend

I have a mental image of the place full of fat middle-aged builders with tattoos. All shaved heads and football shirts :D
I'm sure it's nothing like that at all.

I have a mental image of the place full of fat middle-aged builders with tattoos. All shaved heads and football shirts :D
I'm sure it's nothing like that at all.

Fat tattod shaved middle aged men yes but no footie shirts

We went last year and to be honest mate one of the best weekends Ive had away with the lads, absolutely mental from the start to the finish, we even took in the silent disco which is great fun, defo recommend it, thats if your into the Ska / Northern Soul / 2 Tone music scene

Sadcafe,
I will be at the City Hall this Friday also. Looking forward to seeing SW for the first time and interesting that there may be new material played.

Sad Cafe were one of the best live acts that I saw in my university days 81-85!!

Upcoming for me

29/10 Robert Plant
20/11 Beth Hart
21/11 Glenn Tilbrook

Wonderingh about the Temperance Movement on 22/11 but three gigs in three days may be pushing it for a rapidly ageing man!!

Nov 1st Brit Floyd Odessey Belfast
" 9th The National " "
Nov 15th Frightend Rabbit Mandela Hall Queens Uni Belfast
" 19th The Editors " " " " " "

Dave Swarbrick and Martin Carthy, Bewdley Arts Fest this Friday. Real ale before and an Indian afterwards - it's what little local gigs are all about.

I saw Crosby, Stills and Nash at the Royal Albert Hall last Friday
and they still have it. Brilliant Gig. :)

advertisement

Back