advertisement

202 mod/upgrade options?

Jrichard

pfm Member
I recall reading an old thread which included a post referencing a modified 202 ("Avondaled," as it were). Does anyone know of available options to optimize the performance of my 202? Thx.

I recall reading an old thread which included a post referencing a modified 202 ("Avondaled," as it were). Does anyone know of available options to optimize the performance of my 202? Thx.

202 Not their finest vintage, derived from 102 no success either
keep its value(no bodge) - sell it, get a 72 + a good PSU or run full speed Nac 52/PSU

I have an Avondaled 102, I think its very good. There's also a Neil Jadman paper on modding the 102.

Unless your very happy with a soldering iron and want to keep the 202 remote / form factor it may be easier to DIY a 32/72. There's lots to do and most will cost the set of boards.

Not seen the rest of your system, adding a cap may be your first stop?

Thanks for the replies. I've read good things about the 72 here. That's an option. Right now I have an olive hicap (that might benefit from an ASR) on the 202. TCIII en route. Can I access the NJ paper in the pfm archives?

I'm afraid I saw it a long time ago, might be worth PM NJ directly.

FWIW, I had a 72 here, tried it with the 821A's and still prefered the A102 + the remote, its not just the 821 thats changed.

I had a 202 years ago and gave it to Les to have a go with. He gave it back several weeks later reporting that he couldn't do anything with it. He is/was much more at home modifying a 102 with 821a boards and re-routed power rails. Since he started producing his own pre and power amps I'm not sure he still mods others' gear.

advertisement

Back