advertisement

Speaker Cable for Rega Elicit

Conster

pfm Member
Don't have any rega to try but finding the sound with my exposure cable a bit flat with less dynamics than I am used to with my exposure rig. Wondering from Elicit owners what are some other choices that may yield better results

REGA's own cables (QUATTRO-- not sure what the newest model is called) are tremendous. Goliath killers IMO!

The QUATTROS smoked the VDH and CHORD until you went up to their higher priced models.

I used the REGA Quattros until I upgraded to shotgunned NORDOST FREYS and jumpers (a big big move up the $$ food chain)

Note: Inserting REGA's own COUPLE ICs and power cables to go with the speaker cables seemed to add a "je ne sais quoi" distinct and not-subtle further improvement .

Something about that REGA synergy .... Highly recommended

Hmmm. I will try my audio quest type 4. Does anyone know if Rega's discontinued SC42 was solid core or multi stranded?

As will any amp/speaker combo.

There, s hundreds of cables out there, allmost impossible to get overview.

Rega Elicit is developed on Rega cables(presume) and its logically to put these high on list, why should audioquest be interesting apart from the OP have them available ?

Rega Quattro is an awful cable. No bass at all. Try Linn K20. Works a treat with my Elicit and Elas

Nothing wrong with Quattro apart from not being available anymore. Replaced with Duet at £14.98. An excellent match with the Elicit.

I would also agree with hi fi dave , quattro is a good cable and worked very well with my rega system , I also found bass was good with other makes and also worked well

So far I seem to be getting e best results with exposure cable. Have tried Qed profile 12 silver, (bigger soundstage sweeter), audio quest type 4 (bland), ecosse 4.2( polite but less involving). Might try some nac5 as I remember it having better bass compared with the exposure and a touch less bright forward sounding. If anyone has any Sc42 I might be keen

advertisement

Back