advertisement

System pics 2013 part I

You would never get me out of a room like that, expecially if I replaced the poker table with a marine fish tank.

Steve

Sorry gents, I was away from the board. Just returned from a Mumford and sons concert, great musicians, wow.

That media room looks like a lot of fun to me. We have a home cinema set-up in our house and it does get used a lot. We don't have a dedicated music set-up in there - or a bar. It does have a beer fridge though.
Jealous of the screen, if that's what your saying. One day. Thx mate.

Excellent room.
thx cheers

Ryebread, that some basement man cave. :)
Lol it truly is a man cave I suppose, thx cheers!

Ryebread,

Lovely setup, great shots and amazingly clean house! I am somewhat envious....
Hey I appreciate that. I love shooting. Clean, yea I guess I got that from my 100% Italiano mother:) she liked to keep a clean house! U should see my car, that is clean! Thx dude.

Ill say!
I am outright jealous.
Lol thx mate!

Ryebread,
So when is the PFM Members party ?
Joking aside really well thought out, Also outright jealous.
Thank you so much! The party is next weekend. I have 2 cases of troegs and 3 cases of yards beer. Local craft beer, hope you can make it;)

the sort of room you never leave. literally.
Bravo Sir - I bet you have lots of fun downstairs.
Thx for the compliment. We end up going there with guests after entertaining upstairs. Before we know it, we look at the clock and its 4am. Happened last weekend, good times = good people. The gear is nothing without family and friends to enjoy it with! Cheers and thx.

Wonderful stuff, Ryebread!
that media room looks a bit fun :D
Guys, thank you!

You would never get me out of a room like that, expecially if I replaced the poker table with a marine fish tank.
Steve
Hmm, I will think about that one;) thx mate:)

Hi Ryebread

I tend to peruse photo threads from time to time, and (ducks for cover!) I have to say most of them leave me cold. It's all very well to look at pics of interesting kit, but from the way most of it is presented re the overall environment and/or style, my sad conclusion is that:

a) Audiophiles have no sense of decorating style.
b) Audiophiles have no colour sense
c) Many audiophiles appear to lack either a wife, partner or boyfriend, to keep their obsessions in check; consequently most environments look like mad inventors lair.
d) Expensive 2 channel only systems are largely passé in the 21st century

By contrast, all I can say, is that your layout is amongst the best I've ever seen on any audiophile forum, for a mix of intelligent use of space, style, practical usage and a pragmatic approach to system setup in the context of a home where people actually live, as against fiddle with gear.

There are others that I've seen here of course that are very nice, but to my eyes, outside of a B&O, or vintage catalogue, yours is one of the best. Perhaps because it is AV based, and an adjunct to a lifestyle that includes friends and family... and not audio obsessions... ;)

Congrats; very nice indeed!

JB.

.Hmm, I will think about that one;) thx mate:)
Unless you play for real money and play very badly I think you will find poker the much cheaper option. My tank uses 1/2 the power in the house due to the lighting needed for corals.

Steve

Hi Ryebread

I tend to peruse photo threads from time to time, and (ducks for cover!) I have to say most of them leave me cold. It's all very well to look at pics of interesting kit, but from the way most of it is presented re the overall environment and/or style, my sad conclusion is that:

a) Audiophiles have no sense of decorating style.
b) Audiophiles have no colour sense
c) Many audiophiles appear to lack either a wife, partner or boyfriend, to keep their obsessions in check; consequently most environments look like mad inventors lair.
d) Expensive 2 channel only systems are largely passé in the 21st century

By contrast, all I can say, is that your layout is amongst the best I've ever seen on any audiophile forum, for a mix of intelligent use of space, style, practical usage and a pragmatic approach to system setup in the context of a home where people actually live, as against fiddle with gear.
JB.

Eye of the beholder, my friend, eye of the beholder. I, too, don't care for the way a lot of hifi setups look, but if it works for the owner it's great.

Congrats; very nice indeed!
JB.
stop it, now! :)
very kind feedback, the sort that gives me fuel to take pics and write reviews more often, thank you so much! cheers.
I will kiss my lady tonight, one for you.

Unless you play for real money and play very badly I think you will find poker the much chealer option. My tank uses 1/2 the power in the house due to the lighting needed fod corals.
Steve
I will have to see pics!

Eye of the beholder, my friend, eye of the beholder. I, too, don't care for the way a lot of hifi setups look, but if it works for the owner it's great.

I hear ya. We can still be friends, lol. I realize that the a/v rack is a love it-or-hate it setup. Many would prefer to see a tv hung on the wall properly, and gear tucked away.

Anyhow! I revised my OP b/c today I picked up the speakers for my 2.1 room:

Today was a good day. I went back to Quest For Sound- where I purchased a TT last month - to audition a bunch of bookies.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/imryanmac/8487454760/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/imryanmac/8487362209/
KEF LS50 speakers

I hear ya. We can still be friends, lol. I realize that the a/v rack is a love it-or-hate it setup. Many would prefer to see a tv hung on the wall properly, and gear tucked away.

Of course! ;) But seriously, the comment was not directed at you but jonboi. There's no need for making snide remarks about people's hifi/decor/taste/etc.

Personally, I find it more interesting to look at setups where the owner is so into his hobby that he has gone overboard and makes no concession towards bourgeois standards of domestic decor.

Jealous of the screen, if that's what your saying. One day. Thx mate.

And I'm very jealous of the rest of your set-up.

My home cimema set-up is a lot more basic:
medium.jpg

medium.jpg

Still fun though.

30DIMG_8396_TANK2012.JPG

It is a bit too noisy at the moment to have in with the HiFi but I could deal to that with some plumbing mods.
Are you moving the hifi into the basement? I can't see this tank moving upstairs into the lounge.

Are you moving the hifi into the basement? I can't see this tank moving upstairs into the lounge.

No. That came from my comment that if I had a basement like rybread's I would replace the poker table with my fish tank. I was then asked for a picture of it.

I did origionally plan to put it up stairs but decided against all the floor reinforcement needed.

Steve

As requested, taken in the middle of last year.

30DIMG_8396_TANK2012.JPG

It is a bit too noisy at the moment to have in with the HiFi but I could deal to that with some plumbing mods.

Steve

Love it - reef aquaria and Hi-Fi two of my passions too :D
Looks like a nice mix of softies, LPS and SPS you got there, and some nice mature grown-on set of Acros - well done, no easy feat that! I went down the full-blow SPS low-nutrient route a few years back and had a 5 foot system rammed with mature and glowing Acros and Montis, but transferred to a larger system and had a massive crash:mad: Now re-building again.
Mark

For some reason many Monti's don't do well in my tank but Acros do very well and I have to periodically thin them. Recently had an electical fault that cut power to the room for nearly 24 hours. Lost a lot of fish, including that Regal Angel (which I had had for over 7 years) but no corals or anemones seemed to be bothered at all. Some new fish (angels and butterfly) arriving this weekend.

Steve

advertisement

Back