advertisement

Epos ES Tweeters

istari_knight

pfm Member
I'm currently selling a pair of speakers & when I bought them I was told that they were designed by Robin Marshall of Epos & used the same tweeters as the ES series however, In response to my advert I have been told that they are nothing like ES tweeters so can someone please confirm if they are or not ? I dont want to be caught out for false advertising.

These are the tweeters in question :

Untitled.jpg

DSC01113.jpg

DSC01115.jpg

Just had a google as I've never actually owned any Epos & you are quite right, the ES14 tweeters are completely different but the 11's look very similar... from the front anyway.

Okay...Not what I wanted to hear! Do you know if the 14/11 share the same tweeter ?

:(

I think that only the ES14 used a tweeter with design input from Robin.
It was an Epos/Elac collaboration IIRC.

Certainly the tweeters in my old ES11s were from Seas.

I wouldn't be too worried though since they make pretty good dome drivers, and who's to say that a later Seas design isn't better than the older ES one?
Things do sometimes progress :)

I think that only the ES14 used a tweeter with design input from Robin.
It was an Epos/Elac collaboration IIRC.

Certainly the tweeters in my old ES11s were from Seas.

I wouldn't be too worried though since they make pretty good dome drivers, and who's to say that a later Seas design isn't better than the older ES one?
Things do sometimes progress :)

Ah that is interesting. Looks like I was led down the garden path with these then.

They do sound nice maybe a touch 'hard' when pushed but otherwise good.

I've seen the serial beginning '95' on some Scan units, but who knows.
Anyway, it definitely isn't an Epos designed tweeter but is probably just fine.
Just amend the ad accordingly and don't worry about it.

advertisement

Back