advertisement

MDAC first listen (part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Track&Trace, I'll receive my MDAC later today. Boy am I excited!

It will replace my old Audiolab 8000A and Arcam CD player, I have been using with my DT-880 Pro headphones. Looking very much forward to hearing the difference.

And just in time for weekend :)

Where is the software update? This was originally promised a few weeks after release. I like all the new devices being released but not at the expense of getting timely updates

Ditto :/

Fingers crossed it'll be ready in yet another week then... This shouldn't be left to John/Dominik to sort out though (they've done their bit), Audiolab should be addressing the issues with the existing bugs with the current firmware, particularly the incorrect filter being displayed on screen unless one is using the USB input. We've paid £599 for a product which should work 100% according to the instructions. Any faults should be ironed out asap by Audiolab...

- John

According to Track&Trace, I'll receive my MDAC later today. Boy am I excited!

It will replace my old Audiolab 8000A and Arcam CD player, I have been using with my DT-880 Pro headphones. Looking very much forward to hearing the difference.

And just in time for weekend :)

You have reason to be excited - remember it takes a LONG time to bed in though, so leave it on for a few weeks.

I'm running mine with an 8000LX - sounds fantastic! Just waiting for the MPAX, then I am switching the amp to power only mode and use the MDAC as a pre.

What are you replacing your 8000A with?

You have reason to be excited - remember it takes a LONG time to bed in though, so leave it on for a few weeks.

I'm running mine with an 8000LX - sounds fantastic! Just waiting for the MPAX, then I am switching the amp to power only mode and use the MDAC as a pre.

What are you replacing your 8000A with?

At first I will be using the MDAC with my PC and head phones (play Flac and HD audio), but eventually it will also serve as preamp for my Musical Fidelity power amp.

ATM I am only using the 8000A with my head phones.

Fingers crossed it'll be ready in yet another week then... This shouldn't be left to John/Dominik to sort out though (they've done their bit), Audiolab should be addressing the issues with the existing bugs with the current firmware, particularly the incorrect filter being displayed on screen unless one is using the USB input. We've paid £599 for a product which should work 100% according to the instructions. Any faults should be ironed out asap by Audiolab...

- John
?

Who else is going to develop the softwar other than the software developer?

?

Who else is going to develop the softwar other than the software developer?

Quite! We're lucky John/Dominik are even working on it; John's said that he is not being paid for these firmware bug fix updates by Audiolab, which strikes me as rather unfair considering he's given Audiolab an extremely popular seller. John is also no longer working for Audiolab (though obviously I'm glad he is working on upgrades & bug fixes along with Dominik). If John/Dominik weren't willing to do this, would Audiolab have fixed these problems without them?...

JohnW you've got PM

I believe I've finally managed to Email you the files (Gmail kept returning the files due to attached Zip & exe files).

Its very important that you call me on the phone number provided so I can guide you though the process, there are a few options that must be selected otherwise you will corrupt your unit - if corrupted it will not be possible to update your MDAC software via the USB port.

John

Audiolab should be addressing the issues with the existing bugs with the current firmware, particularly the incorrect filter being displayed on screen unless one is using the USB input...

i'm amazed that you've managed to discover this?! who the hell would know how would something called "XD optimal transient" differ from "optimal spectrum"....:)

so is there any rule - what are the real filter settings?

I believe I've finally managed to Email you the files (Gmail kept returning the files due to attached Zip & exe files).
John

You may want to rename the file as txt first and send the file and inform the receiver to rename to exe or zip as necessary.

I have been having problems with 24/96 on coaxial with my Marantz NA7004... however, the minute I changed to optical, the signal synch without issues....

so I don't know if its a hardware or a software issue.... let's hope the new firmware clears it all ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back