advertisement

new bit of wire . . .

Harry1212

pfm Member
. . . going to Virgin Broadband (ex - Telewest)

Download 49 Meg

Upload 1.8 Meg

Whee :mad:

cables DO make a difference ! ! !

seems uncapped & 5 blokes came by to make sure all was tikkety - boo & gawp at all the audio related detritus in my front room
;)

so far so good . . .

Now that is a cable upgrade that's worth buying. I bet it doesn't cost £2k to connect tp the power either.

Check your area on their upgrade chart as I am now on five meg up:

Nice for accessing the NAS from work

Yup you have to have the phone line.

Thus far its been about five quid more a month than when i was on one meg adal and a seperate phone bill,so i am happy enough.

Just hope you don't have a problem, thats when it all goes tits up with Virgin.

I was quite happy with Pipex until they were sequentially acquired. Talk Talk have already annoyed me with their 'we don't communicate with customers' policy.

I've also had previous bad experience with BT and hated virgin TV. So I'm left with fewer and fewer choices of provider.

Touch wood, being in the centre of town i have never had issues with adsl or indee virgin.

I have probably cursed it now.

Check your area on their upgrade chart as I am now on five meg up:

Nice for accessing the NAS from work

For some reason people get quite annoyed when I show them this:)

Screenshot1.png

I get various results but all I know is that in busy periods it all becomes painfully slow sometimes. At some peak periods there is little point being on it.

At least I am away from one ISP who would allow the connection to drop out completely on a regular basis, I just think they were capping traffic.

The internet lines in this country are generally a joke. Unless you can get optical to your door, running through old bt twisted copper is a nonsense in this day and age.

Virgin bombard me with glossy and personalised sales material on a weekly basis, must be costing them a bloody fortune. If they had the sense to actually ask me why I dont take them up it's solely because they insist on an 18 month contract and I may well move in that time. So I stick with pricey but ultra-reliable and helpful Zen on a one month rolling contract.

...So I stick with pricey but ultra-reliable and helpful Zen on a one month rolling contract.

The satisfied sound of both hands clapping.
Zen may also be rather less restrictive as to router/modem combination that can be stuck on the end of their line.

advertisement

Back