advertisement

"Im getting a hyperspace"

Get training. The special initiation ceremony for Notts "heavy" deck owners means you rub down using the special oil and do 100 curls with your new platter.

What arm are you going to stick on it?

Heard a space deck not a hyperspace

I hope you are getting a home trial as these things are rather personal and need to work to your satisfaction with the rest of your kit. I trialled both my DAC and TT before buying.

Cheers,

DV

Arm is an "audiomods" in gold finish for bling factor and after all that i am skint

welcome to the turntable that " lasts forever "

My mentor will probably be an 'heirloom item' such is the build quality.

It's not technical engineering, it's built out of girders.

Hi Koi, I feel that you've made a great choice. As I've owned 3 different version of the Well Tempered Classic in one from or another since '92,after trying two different Lp-12's as well as few others before that and am looking at getting the Amadeus in two months - the only other two tables that even crossed my mind were a NAS Spacedeck with a Rega RB-1000 or a Townshend Elite Rock 7 with the same arm. To me both or very nicely engineered as well as several of the best sounding tables bar none. I've a few friends that dislike the means of getting the Spacedeck's platter up to speed........., but on the other hand I think it's quite unique. And after reading issue 83 of HiFi+ about the Flether Audio Omega Point3 / Zero Table combination................, it's a no brainer to me. In the end it's all about making the best investment for you own listening pleasure that matters, others are more prone to what to sit back and watch you make the same mistakes as they've which is why there are placed like audioGon here in the states that profit from people whom are following someone else advise as opposed to trusting in their own ears or heart and going what suits their taste best. I for one am quite proud you've found your way. Enjoy. Regards, Oscar

Great choice, really enjoyed my time with an Ace Space.

When I was looking to buy it, I listened to a Gyro and Roksan Xerxes 20 alongside the Ace Space. I just found it very enjoyable and engaging. Would still have it were it not for needing funds following a house move.

I think you will really like it given your Well Tempered history.

Regards

Richard

Had the opportunity to purchase an Amadeus but fancied a change from well tempered,and can try different arms out as well.

Good choice, 50/50 for me. It was a choice between the Hyperspace or the WT GTA when I moved up from the LP12.
Let us WT guys know what you think when you get it going.

Congratulations Koi,
I know how excited you must be, I have a new Nottingham Analog Dais, 12 inch ace anna and Lyra titan i waiting to be opened and run in. I had a spacedeck,wave mechanic and lyra helikon sl previously. I bought my Dais prior to the last earthquakes we suffered here in Christchurch NZ and since then we have had to move and the hi-fi has gone into storage. I have sent you a Personal Message also. Regards Nic.

In my recent acquisition of a Dais, the one thing I will never regret is having a 12" arm. If you've got the deck to accommodate one (and that excludes most/all suspended models plus many non-suspended)), don't bother with a 9".

I have to try one of these audiomod arms the latest ones our in the mk 4 stage

The guy is just making them better and better

You won't regret buying an Audiomods arm. The bling thing isn't for me though so my next one will be quite austere. No visible holes and no shiny bits I'm afraid.

Please post some pics when you get it all up and running.

advertisement

Back