advertisement

Van Damme speaker cable

Not seen that one, but I'm using some of their 'Blue' studio speaker cable in my second system. It seems fine, but I've not compared it to anything. It comes in different thicknesses, up to 6mm IIRC. Mine is the 1.5mm - I just wanted something cheap and easy to route as it's just the TV / office system.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Seriously that's what they are called? Does Van Damme use them in his system?! Then they must be kick ass!

That's the cable I had my speakers rewired with, as single runs from each drive unit to banana plugs at the other end.

Very good cable for an excellent price.

Don't rule out Supra, slightly more costly but still a proper 'value' cable made by the Supra factory (Van Dam et al are probably bought-in things. ) Sadly, if you believe cables make a different then simply refering to the amount of copper etc is not going to get you too far.If you think they all sound the same, buy the cheapest! Me, I use a fairly thick Supra and don't worry.

Which Sommer cable are you using chaps, Eclipse or Orbit?
The Orbit has a very low capacitance.

I've made up a 6m pair with SC-ECLIPSE SPQ-240MKII with Goldplated 4mm solder bucket Deltrons which were £18 from eBay. All in all these cost me £60 to build. I've also put 50mm of heat shrink on the ends of the outer sheath for that pro build look :) left 100mm of the two red and Blue cores exposed.

The SC-ORBIT-240MKII is used inside my amp. I found this out from this picture and is why i bought the cable, maybe a bit OCD'ish but hey, it feels right :) :

http://www.perreaux.com/assets/gallery/eloquence/150i/source/150i-Top-Lid-Off.jpg

advertisement

Back