advertisement

Tellurium Q Black my thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muttley2

pfm Member
There has been a lot of debste about the qualities of this speaker cable with some just dismissing out of hand without even hearing it in their system. I finally stuck my hand in my pocket to buy some and see for myself.

It is simply the best speaker cable I have encountered bar none.

I took the decision a while ago I would only upgrade ancillaries to my system due to budget and cost.

This cable is clean sounding immensely detailed, but very natural sounding. Instruments have room and space. Its reminds me of listening with good headphones only through my speakers. Its a resolution I have never experienced before

I can recommend this cable to anyone who wants to get the best from their
system without upgrading the components. It really is that good.

My definition of clean sounding would be an absense of muddle idividual instruments appear to have more space around them. There is a notable leading edge to things like cymbals and bass notes, I guess a more precise detailed sound.

The cost £46 per m

As to whether they are more musical I couldn't say they certainly let you hear more information but that may not suit all ears.

I also bought the black speaker cable just before Christmas. It was to replace my NAC A5 I really wasn't expecting mush as the black is towards the lower end of the range but the difference really stopped menin my tracks.
You are right the detail is there. I'm not a detail freak as most systems that are full of detail are a bit to thin and raw sounding for me. But this cable wasn't just more detail but more like being in front of people who are playing instruments. So natural and real!

I was so fond of the black I wanted to know what difference the ultra black made. Ni managed to get my hands on some and popped it in the system and it was exactly the same but Much more. I just want my hifi to sound real. I hate hard, compressed, edgy sound, and my bug bear is incorrect tone. Yes your hifi can sound fast and excieting but if an instrument has a lack of tone its just a fast sound similar to an instrument. The ultra black had outstanding tone accuracy, showing through the body of an instrument and not just part of it. ie. Hearing the body of a guitar and not just the strings.
After a week I plugged the cheaper black back in and sound signature was exactly the same as the ultra black but just less of the excellent qualities.

Experimenting with other cables does highlight how much musical information standard Naim cables hold back on. I realise this approach isn't for everyone though.

Those ultra blacks sound amazing but they are really expensive.

I know that Colin may not be free to say too much about the technical aspects of how these cables perform their magic, but can anyone offer any insights into how or why they sound different? From the site it looks as though they achieve transparency to very high frequencies, presumably by having very low inductance. Has anyone looked inside these cables? What is the construction and the substance?

Hi Sonddek,
Yes I have looked inside, but I can not tell you how it is constructed I have spent a few year developing the cables so why should I give it away? :confused:
It has very low capacitance and low inductance, and the conductors are made specially for us and it is all made in the UK yes British, Somerset, We do have patent pending also and on other we have full patent.
Sorry if this vague but it must be to stop others stealing the idea, and since I have had that in the past by other manufactures I am now very very cautious, would not you be??? :)

Thanks for your response, Colin. It's great to have someone like you active in this forum.

I quite understand that you can't talk about it, as I said. However, that needn't stop the rest of us idly speculating about the engineering of these cables.

Cheers!

Hi

I have had a a pair of Blue for about 12 months now and must admit they sound amazing, best upgrade I have had for a while, could not afford the black so can not compare (I think there is also a green and ultra black now as well) but at £16/m knocks the socks off anything in the range and a lot which are a lot more money

Its great to have some real innovators like Colin

I am not sure I can or will afford the cables but I wish them luck and hope they sell like hotcakes

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back