advertisement

Your boot sale stories

Some of my best

Record 4 1/2 Stay set for £10

Two Preston spoke shaves and a rebate plane for £15

Stanley 89 side rebate plane for £6

Bet all that means nothing to most of you ;-)

Pete

I've done great with vinyl over the years, moving boot sale and market finds into the back of Record Collector magazine helped me survive the 80s. Pickings are a lot thinner these days, I still go to the local car boot, though as often as not come back with nothing. Some of the titles I've found over the years are amazing though, stuff that's so obscure it's hard to figure how it ever got there, just so out of context with it's surroundings. I learnt a long time ago to check every box right the way through!

Tony.

Honestly Muz, that tickled me, sadly I had some chicken sandwich in my mouth which is now on my keyboard and imac screen.

my best was a Naim NAP 250/NAC 32/ Hi cap from Cash Converters in Peterborough many years ago for 190 all in...it all worked too..advertised for 200 Quid and when I looked surprised at the price and asked the sales guy said I could have it for 190 to get rid of it. Previous to that a Garrard 401/Mayware Formula 4 with Nagaoka MP 11 from a small shop in Stamford (Stamford Hi-Fi I think) all for 30 Quid. Latest from a Flea Market in Arlon Belgium just up the road a perfect Thorens TD145 MK 11, TP 16 arm and Stanton 681eee cart...12 Euro and B&O 4002 with MMC 20 cl cart, scruffy but fully functional 20 Euro..Oh and a pair of brand new Klipsch KG3 from the NAAFI in Gutersloh in Germany for 100 DM..about 30 Quid I think in old money..

I had to wrestle with this skinny bitch for a pair of size 9 thigh length rubber zip ups with 3" kitten... ....OK, wrong kind of boot sale... ...coat, coat...

Who the heck comes up with a story about a £3 unicorn that ends with a Bedford Rascal? inspired! very amusing.

I cant go in a cash converter.. i shudder even walking past them.

If I hear any more of these "gold hidden under piles of crap for peanuts then resold for a fortune", Im going to be sick. just stop it

Kef 105.2 for a tenner Halifax boot sale.
Quad esl57s £30 junk shop Bodmin.

Both fully functional and cosmetically good. It was about 15 yrs ago though, prior to the explosion in using ebay as a price guide..

The 105s ended up in France - a man from Paris drove across to get them.
The esl's went to a mate in Yorks.

my best was a Naim NAP 250/NAC 32/ Hi cap from Cash Converters in Peterborough many years ago for 190 all in...it all worked too..advertised for 200 Quid and when I looked surprised at the price and asked the sales guy said I could have it for 190 to get rid of it. Previous to that a Garrard 401/Mayware Formula 4 with Nagaoka MP 11 from a small shop in Stamford (Stamford Hi-Fi I think) all for 30 Quid. Latest from a Flea Market in Arlon Belgium just up the road a perfect Thorens TD145 MK 11, TP 16 arm and Stanton 681eee cart...12 Euro and B&O 4002 with MMC 20 cl cart, scruffy but fully functional 20 Euro..Oh and a pair of brand new Klipsch KG3 from the NAAFI in Gutersloh in Germany for 100 DM..about 30 Quid I think in old money..

I don't know. this is an urban leg end innit?

I should imagine nower days crack convertors would be checking out eBay for likely sale values, or stuff like this is not even hitting the shelves.

my mate went in Heart foundations shop (peters hill winton) there was a Cambridge dacmagic with an audio lab amp and he said how much Chap said £100 gets you both. My mate rushed home for the dosh and he come back and it had gone. They are well over priced on other stuff in that shop there selling glass TV stands dearer than Argos i told them too told me to foxtrot Oscar if you dont like it.. charming..

Not only have I never found a boot sale bargain, when we did one ourselves a few years back, we sold almost nothing. And it rained.

You ought to get a stall with RickC6 then Joe. you could keep each other company moaning all day whilst you sell bugger all. in the rain.;)

advertisement

Back