advertisement

turntable wall shelf

mjw

pfm Member
Anyone know of a double-deck version?
My LP12 is currently on a Target wall shelf above the electronics and I'm running out of space but don't want to increase the footprint so I figured that a worthy double-decker could accommodate the CD player or preamp on the lower deck. Wondering if anyone knows of such a shelf that won't let the LP12 down.
Thanks for reading
Mick

My LP12 is currently on a Target wall shelf above the electronics and I'm running out of space but don't want to increase the footprint so I figured that a worthy double-decker could accommodate the CD player or preamp on the lower deck. Wondering if anyone knows of such a shelf that won't let the LP12 down.
Thanks for reading
Mick

Just buy another Target wall shelf. Why disrupt you TT if all is well.

I once bolted a Sound Org 3 tier with 2 2x4s for rear spacing to the wall and it was amazing. Food for thought dont you think?

Target also do a double decker. Pretty fugly, but works a treat - top shelf adjustable, bottom shelf not. I got both it and a single shelf item from WTD ads on here, and is great for keeping kit off the floor.

Richard

I have 2 of these double decker type wall shelves model VW2 and they made a significant difference to my LP12. The sound was just better and no wibbly wobbly effect from the floorboards.

I have 2 for sale if anybody wants to buy 1 or even both as I am re arranging my house etc. PM me if you are interested.

I put my LP12 on the top (adjustable) shelf and power supply on the lower one. My second VW2 double wall shelf supported a cd player/dac etc.

Very neat, passed the wife's approval and kept my toys away from the kids reach.

Richard - I would accept £80 each as I paid approximately £185 each for them a year ago. If you wanted both can do them for £75 each.

I think 1 has glass shelves that cost extra and the other one has regular mdf shelves. If I have any extra bits for them you can have them free. I am just trying to tidy up my different systems and goodies I have collected over the last few years.

Thanks for reading
Mick
I just bought the single version of this - very happy with it

http://www.soundfowndations.co.uk/Review PDFs/IsoTek_Enhancer_RC.pdf

G

Before I go shopping, a supplementary question if I may:
which is likely to give better results in terms of sound quality for the LP12 (and CDP or preamp, whichever goes on the lower shelf), sitting on a glass shelf or an MDF shelf? They seem to be the choices but it's difficult for me to compare. My current shelf is MDF and sounds fine but thought it was worth asking. Is that within anyone's experience, please.

I think it's fairly commonly held that glass shelves, whether on tables or wall brackets, give the sound a harder edge; slightly more brittle but possibly cleaner.

Certainly this is true for Naim kit, whether Olive, Black or C/B. I suppose it's horses for courses. My LP12 experience is too long ago to suggest compatibility, as received wisdom has it that each incarnation of this deck seems to have brought the sound closer to CD.

Glass does seem to show the dust more, but that's another matter........

Before I go shopping, a supplementary question if I may:
which is likely to give better results in terms of sound quality for the LP12 (and CDP or preamp, whichever goes on the lower shelf), sitting on a glass shelf or an MDF shelf? They seem to be the choices but it's difficult for me to compare. My current shelf is MDF and sounds fine but thought it was worth asking. Is that within anyone's experience, please.

If your using a trampolinn it doesn't matter. If your using the hard rubber feet MDF is best in my experience with Sir Sondek. Glass screws with the timing. Corian was a toss up. The Rega wall shelf dispenses with the shelf all together in its design with the Rega 3 feet arrangement. Can it be used also to great effect with all table with the addition of cones in the dishes. The most rigid production design I have come across. $200

http://www.vinylengine.com/images/forum/rega_shelf.jpg

advertisement

Back