advertisement

Unwanted silence from Naim - help needed!

could it be anything to do with the unity gane turned down? not sure if the 112x has unity on all inputs or just the AV

Wanted sound from naim!

Well, so the naims are are finally playing music - and are sounding so sweet!

This 48 h drama ends with me coming home from work today, to put the 112X back into the box and bring it to the Stockholm dealer for service. Before unplugging I thought I'd press play on cd cd5i, just for the heck of it. And out came music. Couldn't believe my ears, since I had not touched the naims since they were dead silent yesterday!

Divine intervetion? Probably not.

A result of the help I've gotten from all you guys at this great site? Surely. And also it seems like the naims are a bit like most people, they need some time to become friends with new people.

Just to be sure I have now turned them on and off a few times. Sound every time. And the sound is so sweet from my Totem Arrows - now, I am also a "naim head":)

Before leaving this thread (hopefully for good...) I'd like to give my best and the most possible amout of gratitude to all of you that took the time and genuine effort to help out a guy, who you most likely will never meet and might as well leave to his own devices! You are golden.

A final pic: http://imgur.com/64JoX.jpg

Best regards, Erik

Wanted sound from naim!

Well, so the naims are are finally playing music - and are sounding so sweet!

This 48 h drama ends with me coming home from work today, to put the 112X back into the box and bring it to the Stockholm dealer for service. Before unplugging I thought I'd press play on cd cd5i, just for the heck of it. And out came music. Couldn't believe my ears, since I had not touched the naims since they were dead silent yesterday!

Divine intervetion? Probably not.

A result of the help I've gotten from all you guys at this great site? Surely. And also it seems like the naims are a bit like most people, they need some time to become friends with new people.

Just to be sure I have now turned them on and off a few times. Sound every time. And the sound is so sweet from my Totem Arrows - now, I am also a "naim head":)

Before leaving this thread (hopefully for good...) I'd like to give my best and the most possible amout of gratitude to all of you that took the time and genuine effort to help out a guy, who you most likely will never meet and might as well leave to his own devices! You are golden.

A final pic: http://imgur.com/64JoX.jpg

Best regards, Erik

Great news. Don't turn it off and play music till your ears fall on conscious. :D Those Naim ghosts can be funny at times.

Oh just my story on Totem
Totem is a Canadian speaker. Once got hammered in London Ont with the owner Vince Bruzzese. He was just starting his isobaric dynaudio drive loading. As I remember they where Mani,s and needed a crazy amp to get them to move. The Linn Sara was way better for timing at that time and only needed a nait to sound wicked..

Come on! Nine pages and this is it?

I feel like I've been watching that dreadful film where we see two divers bobbing round in the ocean for two hours...

...then they drown!

So what's the explanation here: you can't mean that Erik just wasn't waiting long enough for the Naim switch-on relays to kick in?

Please don't leave me without an explanation (cue another nine pages!).

Come on! Nine pages and this is it?

I feel like I've been watching that dreadful film where we see two divers bobbing round in the ocean for two hours...

...then they drown!

So what's the explanation here: you can't mean that Erik just wasn't waiting long enough for the Naim switch-on relays to kick in?

Please don't leave me without an explanation (cue another nine pages!).

It was cold damp morning the birds............

It was cold damp morning the birds............
were singing sweetly as they perched frozen on the telephone wires.

"Ah," thought Tepez as he jumped gaily into is to-seater and pressed the starter button of his bugatti, "an omen! Nothing can go wrong to-day."

Little did he know as he sped off flagrantly ignoring the recommended speed limit, that it was indeed an omen. But for the good? Two murders and a frozen yoghurt later and he would soon be cursing those birds....

were singing sweetly as they perched frozen on the telephone wires.

"Ah," thought Tepez as he jumped gaily into is to-seater and pressed the starter button of his bugatti, "an omen! Nothing can go wrong to-day."

Little did he know as he sped off flagrantly ignoring the recommended speed limit, that it was indeed an omen. But for the good? Two murders and a frozen yoghurt later and he would soon be cursing those birds....

I,m in tears LMAO. Your creative writing skills are very evident indeed.

I thought I'd press play on cd cd5i, just for the heck of it. And out came music.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh

ide still be thinking about finding out why the hell it didnt work for you since day 1, A bad connection maybe or a dry joint on one of the boards? Surely what ever it was is going to effect the overall sound in some way

advertisement

Back